1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lazy, Droopy, Falling, Failing Sun Visors and what to do about 'em

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by C Wagner, Feb 18, 2021.

1. C Wagner

C Wagner Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't see an obvious discussion of the maintenance problems that Toyota sun visors and specifically our Prius visors face.

My 2004 Gen II had a droopy driver's side visor. I heard you can replace for $30-70 used (with another one that will fail soon!). I heard they are $150ish at the dealer. It should be possible to fix this ourselves, and it is!

Youtube has several general ideas about fixing this problem: use velcro, use zip / cable ties, open the visor fabric and plastic housing and repair, and others like just destroying the visor and deciding they can't be fixed.

I found that the easiest might just be the zip tie solution, but you have to find a spot where you can get the tie into the grey bar that runs through the visor.

Below is a video I posted to Youtube on how I got the zip tie in:

I'll post some other people's ideas below, in case you want to do it a different way.

mollymudpie likes this.
  2. Pdaddy

Pdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This looks promising
    VISORiser

SM-G960U ?

3. Pdaddy

Pdaddy Member