1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LE cargo foam for XLE

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Sam Park, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Sam Park

Sam Park New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I will be taking delivery on my 2024 XLE FWD in a month or two. I saw online that the LE has a deeper cargo area than the XLE due to smaller foam inserts that go under the floor. Is there any way I can order/buy these LE foam inserts without having to find a LE owner willing to trade for less cargo space?

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Trading seems like a great idea. But you should be able to order all the parts from any Toyota parts supplier. You'll just need to figure out how many bits you need - it's not just the trays, it's also the board, and maybe some other different securing clips. Going through the parts database looking for parts that are only indicated as fitting the LE would be the approach.

Some US people have imported parts from Japan - it can be cheaper even with shipping. See this thread: OEM spare tire install | PriusChat

Lots of discussion of the parts and 4 configurations there (LE/XLE/Prime/spare) but part numbers only for the spare tire installation unfortunately.

In Japan the "LE" version is standard on all non-plug-in trims, and the high deck board + toolbox is a dealer accessory. That makes more sense to me, as one isn't clearly "higher spec" than the other.

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

On the same accessory page we see the tonneau cover is also not standard, and is a dealer accessory:

Not sure the pricing and installation time should be quite so close on those two. Maybe they have to install the hooks?