1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lead time in the UK

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MR P, Jul 9, 2009.

1. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the guys who've taken delivery, have you tried using the CD ripper? How does the Gracenote/CDDB work? By any chance does ripping mp3s from a CD work?

That's an impressive roundup tone, for the record I have a T Spirit in Pearl White for a September 1st pickup. I actually shelled out for the DAB radio, which comes with a usb slot I think...

Very jealous guys, can't wait to take delivery!

2. meannotgreen

meannotgreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I feel like a poor relation amongst all you Spirits!

3. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have ripped 2 albums. The first was a few years old and all tracks were named fine. The second was a new release, Now 73. No such luck with that one. Although it was as mp3 and was ripped to a cdr as audio so this could be why. I have read that you can’t rip from cdr so at least I have found that not to be true. As far as I know you can’t transfer MP3’s from a disc. Nothing suggested it when I had a MP3 disc in the machine.

I am itching to try the firewire connection but am a little worried I might do some damage. Someone must find a way to hack this system and use either the firewire or the Bluetooth to upload. I have a huge MP3 collection and have painstakingly named and sorted all of them.

I don’t understand how Gracenote updates? If it does not then it seems like after a while it will become less and less useful.

You might have more luck at transferring with the USB on the DAB. I think that the firewire is going to be the way though as it is for map upgrades so it must there for have a transfer function to the HDD. I can’t see why these limitations have been put on the system. It is really cool but it could be so much better. I have an 8 gig iPod in to the AUX so I have a good amount of options for music so I should not complain really. Although one final moan. Only a single CD rather than a 4 disc changer! I would not be bothered had the HDD been a simple transfer situation that you could easily update and change your collection.

The challenge is there for someone to crack. The victor will receive the adoration of their fellow Prius chatters!

*EDIT* Please see my revised review here http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/64985-lead-time-in-uk-11.html#post939716

4. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update....

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 Name Collection Date Model Colour
    1 meannotgreen 24/07/09 T3 Black
    2 tone_uk 01/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    3 MR P 04/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black (with dent!) ;)
    5 Wooski 06/08/09 TSpirit Tyrol Grey
    6 ensoruk 08/08/09 ? ?
    7 Fujisan ? TSpirit Pearl White
    8 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White

5. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I got brave and plugged in a firewire but it did nothing. You will probably have to get into a service menu to accept connections. Shame.

6. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is an option in one of the status menu screens for the Nav system that offers you the choice to do MAP or Gracenote Upgrade.

When you hit that button the screen flips automatically and exposes the port for you. Maybe at that point it will activate the port?

Plus it's mini USB isn't it? (rather than Firewire)

7. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I will give it a go later.

Definitely firewire. It has a curve on one edge. Plus my firewire cable would not have fitted in a mini usb.

8. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is Tyrol Silver thanks! It's a very light silver too - especially in sunlight:

[​IMG]

I've ripped quite a few of my fav LPs to the HDD now - no issues. I've also ripped from a CDR as well - but then you have to type in all the metadata info... Not tried a very recent LP as yet - so all have been found in Gracenote. What is nice is that you can go back and delete some tracks if there is some you'd always skip.

I've used the IPA to park a few times now - worked very well both times. So much easier than doing it yourself!

Love the SKS

Love the rear view camera

I'm finding the drivers seat very comfy and supportive.

So far so good!

9. notagreen

notagreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello, first post, thanks for all the useful information. I ordered a T3 in pearl white from Jemca last week and have a delivery estimate of mid September. I saw a demo one being driven around Chelsea yesterday with an ad on the side, looked very nice indeed.

10. meannotgreen

meannotgreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are we related?

11. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *Snigger*

12. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks great Wooski. I discounted silver as I already had a silver car and wanted something different. Only went as far as Novus Grey so not a huge switch. LOL. Really liking your silver though.

I had mine out for a good run this weekend. Did almost 300 miles. Now MPG was not my main reason for going for the car but it was one hell of a bonus with current fuel prices. I worked out that yesterday’s journey cost me. £7.72. That same trip in my other cars that are up for sale would have cost as follows. Nissan Primera £17.41 and Renault Laguna Diesel £14.06. It was only about 104(ish) miles and I saved almost a tenner from what one of my outgoing motors would have got!!

Next week I am running up to Sherwood Forest and I have worked out that if I get the same MPG as I did yesterday the cost will be £28.22 there and back. Primera would cost £63.15!!!! and the Laguna £51.01. I am only going on the stated MPG's I am getting from the cars in question rather than working it out at the pump but that is close enough for me and my Prius MPG is nothing amazing 63.3 but I am chuffed with that saving.

Enjoy your new car!!

13. ensoruk

ensoruk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    My delivery date (8/8/09) was the expected delivery date to the dealer.... not getting mmy hopes up though! :)

14. AshersGB

AshersGB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi there,

My T3 in vermillion red was ordered 23rd July and I am collecting Tuesday 11th August.

So MeanNotGreen you are not the only 1 now who is .....err....careful with his money.

I have not seen a red Prius yet so I hope I like the colour when I see it in full size metal. There is so much mud on the roads round here in the winter that any of the whites would look bad too much of the time.

15. notagreen

notagreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hurrah another anti hippy!

16. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't you mean another closet hippy?;)

17. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't call myself especially a tree hugger either, but it doesn't hurt that I've just got 65mpg in my 33 mile round trip to work. This is from Central London out to Romford; roads ranging from 15mph speed bump hell in Islington & Hackney to 50mph dual carriageway cruising up the A12. Approx £2 per day commuting versus £14 on the tube / train. I know where I'd rather be sitting (especially as the car takes the same 50 minutes for the trip).

18. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My delivery date (19/10/09) its a company car so that is the change date, its a T4 Pearl White

19. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone have any idea about a remote engine start for the 3rd gen? My dealer says it can't be done but the Americans don't seem to have any trouble installing it...

20. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another update to include our new friends.... :welcome:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 Name Collection Date Model Colour
    1 meannotgreen 24/07/09 T3 Black
    2 tone_uk 01/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    3 MR P 04/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black (with dent!) ;)
    5 Wooski 06/08/09 TSpirit Tyrol Grey
    6 ensoruk 08/08/09 (ish) T Spirit Vermillion Red
    7 AshersGB 11/08/09 T3 Vermillion Red
    8 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    9 Fujisan ?/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    10 gazz 19/10/09 T4 Pearl White