1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lead time in the UK

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MR P, Jul 9, 2009.

1. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL - I bet Dingles were impressed with that question!

Dare I ask why you want remote engine start?

2. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm all about remote engine start on those freezing East England winter mornings! I don't see why it can't be done at the dealership but some random garage mechanic would probably be able to do it...

In contrast, the sunroof cooling start seems like the most pointless thing over here, how often are people going to use it? Once a year? Twice?! :confused:

Oh I meant to ask, did you manage to switch the reverse beeping to a single beep?

3. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep - happy to report beeping was changed on 10/08/09 :D

4. BlackSpirit

BlackSpirit New Member

Model:
    N/A
    Ordered a black Tspirit on 7th August. After negotiating the deal, the dealer went away to check what colours were available and the options were red or black. I mistakenly thought that they these two in stock for quick delivery but when I asked when it would be available for collection he said that it was "still on the ship". However they were expecting delivery soon and pencilled in 21st Aug as probable delivery date. Spoke to the dealer yeaterday and apparantly the system is still showing "At sea" but no indication exactly were it is.

5. ensoruk

ensoruk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I revised my order to include the technology pack, so my date went back to 24th Sept

Phil

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 Name Collection Date Model Colour
    1 meannotgreen 24/07/09 T3 Black
    2 tone_uk 01/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    3 MR P 04/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black (with dent!) ;)
    5 Wooski 06/08/09 TSpirit Tyrol Grey
    6 ensoruk 24/09/09 T Spirit Vermillion Red
    7 AshersGB 11/08/09 T3 Vermillion Red
    8 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    9 Fujisan ?/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    10 gazz 19/10/09 T4 Pearl White
    [/quote]

6. BlackSpirit

BlackSpirit New Member

Model:
    N/A
    A ship from Japan docked in Bristol yesterday evening at berth 3 which is used by Toyota and Lexus. According to the Bristol Port web site, its purpose was to 'discharge cars' Hopefully my black TSpirit will now be sitting in Bristol dockyard.:cheer2:

7. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

First of all, congratulations to all you lucky UK Gen III owners :cheer2:

Some great photos too! :thumb:

Big thanks to tone_uk for taking the time and trouble to produce the table. Just for completeness, my delivery is the 2nd of Sept.

Phoned my insurance company yesterday, to change over the insurance for the Tax Disc etc., and the lady is reading back the details and start's off with "2009 Toyota Previa" :eek:

NO! Prius, P - R - I - U -S

All sorted in the end and I get some money back :rockon: , so the saving's have already started and I haven't even picked up the car yet! :lol:

8. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @Fujisan - Congrats on the delivery date confirmation and savings already! LOL

Funny how this thread has calmed down since the deliveries started rolling out. I guess everyone who has the car is too busy playing with it. :D

I guess this now completes the picture.....

4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black (with dent!) ;)
    6 AshersGB 11/08/09 T3 Vermillion Red
    7 BlackSpirit 24/08/09 TSpirit Black
    8 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    9 Fujisan 02/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    10 ensoruk 24/09/09 TSpirit Vermillion Red
    11 gazz 19/10/09 T4 Pearl White

...and speaking of pictures - I have some in my user gallery if anyone is interested. (shameless plug!)

Happy driving guys

9. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have 2 issues:

1. Can't get my Blackberry to connect to the bluetooth phone and the bluetooth music at the same time. It can do both on their own - but not together. Strange.

2. My tire pressures were high - approx 36psi in each corner. Just lowered to approx 33 in the rear and 34 in the front - still slightly above the indicated pressures. The low speed ride has improved alot. Had noticed the car got very unsettled over bad speed bumps (which there are unfortunately alot off around home).

10. Mister Neutron

Mister Neutron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All :)

I'm a new owner (or should I say 'part owner') of a beautiful black T3 Prius, so you can add me to the list - took delivery 11/08/09.

I was surprised to find that the tire pressures were all over the place on delivery - left rear was 29, the others randomly in the 30's... I have pumped them all to 40, and the ride seems fine. Mind you, previous car was a Subaru Impreza, so any new car is likely to feel smooth as silk and ultimately luxurious after that! ;)

11. MooCowUK

MooCowUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hiya ToneUK

Another newbie for ya!

I'm soooo excited! Mine is on order and I was told it should arrive in the first two weeks in Sept. It's the same colour as yours and a T-Spirit.

I was just wondering if I could ask a few questions? I know this is the wrong place to do it, but I'll give it a shot anyway???

1. Someone mentioned they were getting the DAB option - can you tell me how much it cost? My Dealer told me it was about £400? Is that right?

2. What's the technology pack?

3. Someone mentioned the "other UK post"? Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm soooo excitied and can't wait to get my hands on it! I currently own one of the old Prius' and the new one is 3 million times better!

I'm loving all your comments!

Dan xx:p

12. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good lord - I pop out for the afternoon and we have 2 more UK posters :D

4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black
    6 AshersGB 11/08/09 T3 Vermillion Red
    7 Mister Neutron :wave: 11/08/09 T3 Black
    8 BlackSpirit 24/08/09 TSpirit Black
    9 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    10 Fujisan 02/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    11 MooCowUK :wave: Early Sept TSpirit Novus Grey
    12 ensoruk 24/09/09 TSpirit Vermillion Red
    13 gazz 19/10/09 T4 Pearl White

I can see this table getting quite long at this rate.

Interesting to note the darker colours (Black & Novus Grey) seem to be slightly in the lead at the moment. And there was me thinking that Pearl White would be the most popular.

@MooCowUK (great name by the way!) - to answer your questions...

1. Someone mentioned they were getting the DAB option - can you tell me how much it cost? My Dealer told me it was about £400? Is that right?
    AgentRed mentioned he was getting DAB I think - £400 sounds like the base price - I think that excludes fitting by the dealer. I was quoted about £500 fitted.

2. What's the technology pack?
    In the UK the "LED Technology Pack" which was very recently added to the option list consists of: LED Headlamps, Headlamp washers, Dusk sensing headlamps, Water repellant side window glass, and an Electrochromatic rear view mirror - all for the tidy price of £895.
    This option is only really available at time of ordering, and at present cannot be retro fitted into an existing vehicle.

3. Someone mentioned the "other UK post"? Could anyone point me in the right direction?
    It's a post I started in early June when details of the UK Specs were coming out bit by bit - it's gone a bit cold recently - but you can find it here: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/62858-uk-features-options-round-up.html

Hope this answers your questions for now - and you will love the new car when it arrives :)

Tone

13. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations to all the new folk that have ordered. You won’t be sorry.

I have put 800 miles on mine since the 4th of August. I just did a 385 mile run to Sherwood Forest and back and just driving normally but keeping my cruising speed down to 60-65mph I got 71 mpg with air con.

Got another long run up to the Creamfields Festival near Liverpool in a couple of weeks. I don’t normally do so many miles but they are mounting up right now.

14. BlackSpirit

BlackSpirit New Member

Model:
    N/A
    Official price for the DAB radio, which is an integral part of the USB/Ipod Integration kit is £288. This was on a price list stapled to the brochure I picked up from the dealer.

The kit gives you: DAB tuner, USB socket, Ipod connection and what looks like an SD card slot (but this is not mentioned in the description - I wonder if it will display digital photos on the screen?)

I think there is a fitting cost, but this is not specified.

15. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh God! It's not Creamfields time again!:frusty:

Motorway chaos and stoned teenagers waiting by the sides of roundabouts for their parents to pick them up!

Thank God I'm working that weekend!:cheer2:

No, really, have a great time, enjoy! :rockon: :party::hippie::peace:

Oh, remember to turn off at Warrington.....Liverpool will be quite quiet that weekend! ;) :p

16. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Sorry but the DAB tuner is NOT part of the iPod kit. And there are 2 iPod kits - one with USB and one without. (This is all listed in the UK Options thread):

iPod Integration Kit (fitted) - £288 inc VAT
    USB & iPod Integration Kit (fitted) - £325 inc VAT
    DAB Radio (fitted) - £520 inc VAT

17. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've just done a run from my home in Islington out to Southend on the Essex coast and back. Mixture of 15mph speed bumps, 40-50mph cruising on the A12, all the traffic lights on the A12, being stuck taking 15-20 minutes to get thru the road works at Gants Hill (both ways) and some cruising at 75mph on the A127. The traffic at Southend was a nightmare too as you'd expect on such a sunny day. Total distance of 85miles at an overall average of 63.5mpg (air con on). IMHO very impressive.

18. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have to go. I'm a superstar DJ!

19. BlackSpirit

BlackSpirit New Member

Model:
    N/A
    Sorry I misunderstood what was in my brochure.

Sorry for any confusion

20. MooCowUK

MooCowUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all your replies!

I'm sooo excited about getting my new car, but can't help but feel a little sad that I just can't hold out an extra 3 weeks to get the LED's! Boo! Ahhhh well I'm sure the normal lights are good enough........... hopefully a lot better than the current ones on the Prius II!

Can I just make a little suggestion? I haven't been here very long, so I don't want to start stirring things up - but do you think we might be able to get a UK section on this site? It's just very hard having to go through all the American bits to find out the important stuff for us lovely people in the UK (not that American people aren't lovely as well!). I've spent all weekend trying to go through a lot of the forums and it's all very interesting!

Cheers

Moo!