1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lead time in the UK

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MR P, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear a can of worms being opened. I agree totally MooCowUK. A UK or EU Section would really help. A lot of the American threads have been very helpful but are not specific to us. I have heard it mentioned before and it was not well received. Although that was a request for a separate UK forum rather than a UK Section to this forum. I think the worry would be it would be too low traffic to bother with but I think the two UK threads that have been running of late have proved there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile.

Conversation has strayed from the original subjects on both threads as people see a load of UK users and rather than starting another thread make use of the established ones. In a UK section that would be different.

The down side would be every territory would want the same and the forum would fragment and browsing through would be a nightmare.

It’s easy enough to start a separate forum. I am happy to do it myself but I don’t think it would go down well. I personally would always use PC as it is such a good resource but to also have somewhere we Brits can talk about the weather would be great.

Just found the previous attempt to start a UK site! http://priuschat.com/forums/local-prius-club-main-forum/60527-uk-site-calling-all-britts.html

2. meannotgreen

meannotgreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Alternatively why not try and get this thread made a 'Sticky'?

3. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any chance of any Rush or Pink Floyd! :p :rockon:

Have a great (hopefully dry) weekend! :)

4. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Um, I like it just the way it is. :p

I've really learnt a lot from all the people on priuschat, from all over the world. :grouphug:

Anyway, back on topic.....how many days until I pick up my Prius! :cheer2:

5. ensoruk

ensoruk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Revised delivery date from the dealer, the LED Technology pack made mine a factory order... looks like Santa may be doing the Pre-Delivery Inspection :)

Phil

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 Name Collection Date Model Colour
    1 meannotgreen 24/07/09 T3 Black
    2 tone_uk 01/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    3 MR P 04/08/09 TSpirit Novus Grey
    4 bol 04/08/09 TSpirit Black
    5 Wooski 06/08/09 TSpirit Tyrol Grey
    6 AshersGB 11/08/09 T3 Vermillion Red
    7 Mister Neutron :wave: 11/08/09 T3 Black
    8 BlackSpirit 24/08/09 TSpirit Black
    9 agentred 01/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    10 Fujisan 02/09/09 TSpirit Pearl White
    11 MooCowUK :wave: Early Sept TSpirit Novus Grey
    12 ensoruk 18/12/09 TSpirit Vermillion Red
    13 gazz 19/10/09 T4 Pearl White

6. MarkUK

MarkUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Morning All

Put an order in (contract hire company car) for a Black Tspirit a week ago. Was originaly pencilled in as a 2 week delivery but has now been pushed out to 3.
    Current estimate delivery time, to the dealer, is 4th September.

As a side note, has anyone ever found a link on the Toyota website to download a Prius owners manual ?

7. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I might get corrected here but I’m sure you can’t get it online. I believe the shop manual is available from https://techinfo.toyota.com but you have to pay.

Shame about your delivery date. This might be an indication of sales rising but I am totally speculating. Mind you with the TV ads now live and the new reg coming up I think it is a fair guess! Congrats on your order anyway.

8. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

OMG :eek: Sorry to hear that ensoruk.

9. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A reply to my own message here but I felt that I should correct myself. I was a bit down on the audio system and complained about the fact that the disc changer had been dropped and that it was all a lot of hassle. Well, the CD changer has not been missed. I have ripped over 60 CDs and still have loads of room on the HDD. There could be easier ways to transfer music on to the HDD but to be honest it is not that much of an issue. I have a stack of discs and just keep putting them in and allowing them to rip.

It rips CDRs no problems but be careful as I have found one brand of the many I have around the office would not be read by the player. I don’t have a brand name for them I am afraid. If the album details don’t come up straight away I have done a search and it has found the info once ripped. Those that are not listed I just stick in the album name and artist. Track names are a bonus but not the end of the world.

I felt I had to reply to this message as I was so looking forward to HDD jukebox when I was looking into the Prius and after a while have seen how good it is. I expected to get about 15 albums on the thing and to need to change them regularly to refresh the collection hence I was so down on the nature of ripping to it but because you can get such a high volume on the thing it is not really an issue. If you are looking into buying a Gen III Prius and the HDD jukebox is important to you. I highly recommend it.

10. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Hey thanks for the update! At ~100mb an album the 10gb HDD holds 100 albums, plenty for most people! Although I wonder how many gb get taken up by the nav system, maybe 4 or 5gb (given a DVD is ~4.7gb)? Maybe you can swap in a larger hard drive, that would be excellent. And I can't see it being that hard, it's probably just an IDE/SATA so all you'd need to do is unplug it, copy contents to the bigger hard drive, and reattach. And that way you could put all your mp3s on the HDD via your computer before attaching.

Hmmmm.... I have a spare 120gb HDD sitting around so I might try that depending on how easy it is to reach the Prius HDD.

11. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I might get corrected here but I think it is in the audio unit. I say this because there is no CD changer in there. I had given a larger HDD a thought. I have over 300gb of MP3 (2900 albums, all legal by the way) as I run several media centres around the house. The down side could be that you spend more time choosing what to listen to, rather than listening. I am happy with a 100 or so albums. I have a good range of genres on there already.

Would I upgrade the HDD if I found it was easy to do? Oh yeah!!

Also I would bet the HDD is 2.5" (laptop) Again a guess, but size and weight would make it a more viable option.

12. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, upgrading the HDD unit - something not for the faint hearted! It's certain to void your warrenty.

I have to agree that the jukebox is great. I think I have just 10 or so LP's on there are the moment but they cover my absolute favourites so its very easy to pick something and enjoy it. As time goes on I'm bound to add more. At the moment I just add a new album every longish journey and record it in as I listen. Painless.

The default ripping setting is "excellent" which is 256Kb/s. Certainly good enough sound quality for listening in a car.

I've started to use the Sat Nav and found it very good and excellent. But then I've only used it in London so far and the coverage is bound to be very good.

13. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to rattle on but one more jukebox feature I love. Press and hold random and it plays random tracks from across the HDD. This also works for CD’s but is so much cooler on a huge selection of music.

14. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In hindsight that may be harder than expected, I'd hate to unscrew something and have the airbag explode in my face :eek:!

Did you guys have any dealer customisations made? My car's arriving next week and I definitely want to have a single reverse beep, and disable the seatbelt beeping, but were there any other choices? I should let the dealer know soon so they can (hopefully) make the changes before I pick it up.

Gracias!

15. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I had the reverse beep done before delivery. The Seatbelt beep does not bother me. In fact I prefer to have it. I like the fact it beeps if a rear belt is removed. It could be handy when my 8 month old is a bit bigger and sees the nice red button he likes to press that makes his belt come off!! I cant think of anything else that I would change. I never experienced the reverse constant beep, thankfully!

16. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was just about to ask if the HDD had a 'Random' button....question answered, thank you. :thumb:

17. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So no complaints about the lack of iPod interface? Sounds like it's not very good anyways - just stick to the AUX cable!

I'll be getting the reverse beep and seatbelt warning done soon. The problem with the seatbelt warning is that with 2 people in the back it can suddenly start freaking out about the middle belt. Then you have to plug the middle bely it in and its all a bit silly really.

1 issue is that I can't get my Blackberry bold to connect to the bluetooth phone AND the bluetooth audio at the same time. It will do one or the other but not both together for some reason. If I can get this to work I'll buy some more memory for my Blackberry and start dropping MP3's on it.

18. MarkUK

MarkUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  19. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A