1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lead time in the UK

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MR P, Jul 9, 2009.

1. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well if you want a lead time statistic ...

If you order a Gen III TSpirit today you can expect delivery in January.

Ouch!!!

If you are after a Gen II model right now there are bargains to be had thanks to TGB dealers in Northern Ireland. They had a surplus of unregistered cars they couldn't shift, and these have been shipped out to the dealers in England to sell. Bargain anyone ?

2. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. MooCowUK

MooCowUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hiya Tone

Yea, I was sort of thinking of waiting for the LED pack for mine, rang the dealer and he told me the wait had gone up to 16 weeks! Dohhhhhh! REALLY not good! I think I'll just stick with the normal lights and not bother with the leather! There's another £2k saved! Heheheeh!

4. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Leather should only add another week to your delivery time as it is applied at Port.

5. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was talking to my saleslady yesterday and she told me that if most of the strong inquiries they have had into the Gen III turn into sales, then they have already sold out of their NEXT quarters allocation. :eek:

They are presently trying to talk Toyota into letting them have an increased number of cars.

I also asked if much interest had been shown the LED pack and she told not much at all really.

Also got to have a walk around my car yesterday......it looks wonderful!:cheer2:

Not long to go now! :rockon:

6. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some dealers must already have sold out of their final quarter's allocation - hence January as a delivery date. I strongly suspected this would happen, which is why I ordered and got in quick.

7. MooCowUK

MooCowUK New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it September yet? I fit to burst waiting for my new car! It feels like I've been waiting most of my life! Hurry up and get here! Anyone know when the boat arrives?

8. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nearly there! :cheer2:

9. notagreen

notagreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got a call today :cheer2:! Available from the 10th apparently, ordered a pearl white T3 on 6th August so its about when they predicted it would be here.

Is it wrong to mistreat my scrappage car? I've been flying over the speed bumps without a care now I know its going :D

10. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Its only gonna get mashed so I would be off roading it if I were you, as long as it is still fit to take in when needed I don’t think they will care. What car are you scrapping? The next 9 days will take forever to go by!! Did my head in once I had the date confirmed.
    I spent hours on here looking for every little scrap of info I could find. Not much has changed I guess.

11. notagreen

notagreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :) I've been offered a service plan for 3 years at £523.13 or £13.34 monthly.

Is this good value and worth buying? I'll probably be doing between 7 - 9000 miles a year, I'm slightly suspect because the paperwork is for a 03 on 1.5 prius not a new 2010 model. So I suspect it'll cost more when I take delivery, any idea how much services will cost in UK?

12. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just picked up the Prius, and my first impression is.........

DAMN the rear windshield wiper sucks. It only seems to clean the top half, so if you use the wiper spray it sticks to the bottom half. That means the top half (where the wiper can reach) is fine but the bottom half is hazy from the soapy water.

Other than that, the DAB DOES NOT include a USB socket, which was a sad surprise for me. Apparently you need to get the iPod integration kit separately, which makes the DAB a bit of a rip off... It's also a little weird to use - I can only get one channel, but I'll play around with it and keep the board updated

Otherwise it's very cool, the pearl white is much whiter than I thought!

13. Mister Neutron

Mister Neutron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi agentred, hope you enjoy your new Prius!

Actually, the lack of a USB socket was surprising, and quite a blow to me too. I was so impressed with all the new toys, gadgets and displays compared to the previous car I was used to, that anything missing form the old setup was a shock...

Never mind - just get a male : male AUX lead and plug in whatever music device you use that way!

14. sjaddy

sjaddy New Member

Model:
    V
    Hi all - sorry complete newbie so have only just joined the forum

I have ordered a silver prius t spirit for company car. The order was placed 27th August and initial delivery date given is 17/11/09.

The existing company car is due to run out on 26/10/09 so not too long a wait for the new one after that.

15. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picked mine up yesterday afternoon....very happy. :cheer2::rockon:

Pictures to follow ....when it stops raining. :(

16. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My three-year plan was £380 when I bought it in April 2008. On reflection I think it's a rip-off.

Servicing for the Prius is pretty trivial - the first 12 month/10,000 mile service, according to the manufacturer sheet, is basically just an oil and filter change and a brake pad inspection. Warning, dealers will try to get you to change pads and discs more frequently than required. They base their change schedule on a normal car's brake wear. Regen braking does so much of the work on a Prius that the brake pads barely wear at all. In fact the problem tends to be that the brake discs rust.

1 person likes this.
  17. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [imglink]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb229/TatnaMick/PriusFoura.jpg[/imglink]

18. MR P

MR P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice!!!

1 person likes this.
  19. Fujisan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: The service plan

With my service plan I am get the first MOT free. Add to that the discounted Club Toyota and I reckon that's close to £80 saved. :thumb:

On servicing costs, I was reading in this week's Autocar, they took their Audi TT TDi in for it's standard, straightforward, nothing extra, first service at an Audi dealer in Central London.......and came away with a bill for £408!! :eek:

20. Wooski

Wooski New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So - do we have UK customers with a car in every colour? I'd love to arrange a pic of them all in line. White, silver, gray, black, red & blue.