1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaf sighting thread

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by cwerdna, Mar 22, 2011.

1. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saw one at the dealer today, where the salesperson tried to convince me the solarpanel (4x8") actually charged the HV-battery.

Having played around with my failing solarcharged LiIon batteries the last couple of days, I estimate the Leaf's solarpanel to be 15V at 250mA AT MOST, so even keeping the 12V battery topped up during your month long holiday would be a stretch...

Salespeople...:eek::LOL:

m.wynn likes this.
  2. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw my second LEAF in the wild (i.e. not at the dealership) today. It was white with green and orange advertising on the sides. Was too busy driving to observe much about it as it was going the other way. The first one I saw was a couple of weeks ago...silver. Again it was going the other way so I couldn't see much of it.

My (future) son-in-law says he saw one July 8th in a handicap spot at the hospital where my grandson was just born. Not sure I trust his ability to spot one from a 3rd floor window out in the parking lot. Actually, he thought it was me and my wife on our way to see the new grandson.

So far as spotting Volts, C-Max, and even Teslas...the parking garage at work has 8 dual L2-L1 chargers that up to 16 vehicles can charge at at one time. I see the Tesla there every couple of weeks. The guy in the C-Max always charges with the L1 since he's in another building all day and can get a full charge on L1 and let someone else have the L2. I get in very early (~5:45 am) and am normally finished charging in 1.5 to 2 hrs, then I move my car to a non-EV space so someone else can use that L2 as well. Pretty much all the rest of the spots are filled with Volts by 10:00 am.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Not counting the ones at the Plug-in gathering, I saw my second Leaf today. I was sitting in a left turn lane, waiting for the light to change, when a Leaf drove by on my right. The interesting thing was he tapped his horn when he drove by. :D

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Had my Prius in for 10,000 mile service this morning. Saw a used (dirty) Leaf being charged at the adjoining Nissan dealer. Must have been in for service or repair? This is only the second I've ever seen. The first was a new Leaf that was sold to another dealership awaiting transfer. While I envy the EV range, just can't get past the ugly exterior design. Not sure you could do much to mod it to make it look cool. Never say never.

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, three years after I had enough 6-Leaf days to quit counting. The adoption has been quite uneven.

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just saw 2 Leafs in the garage parked in the same area in my work garage. Seriously, there are so many Leafs here that there are multiple sightings daily. :)

I get excited when I see a Tesla though. :D

SCH-I535

7. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)Only two Leafs, but four Tesla S in the small town where I live.

8. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I see 1-2 of those things a week. The repair facility is around the corner from where I work. ;)

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's interesting that they're so rare in your area.

Besides my own, there are a whole bunch at my work. They're the most popular plug-in vehicle at my work. Besides the ones at work, I usually see at least one a day on the road.

10. hieronymous

hieronymous Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm lucky enough to see one every day - in my garage with my C! But I'very never seen another apart from the dealer demonstrator. Sales in my part of the world are very slow despite a big price reduction; we are still getting gen 1's and there is no charging network to speak of. But for city running I just love it...

GT-I9300 ?

11. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    The other day when my nephew was test driving a Honda Civic, I spotted a Leaf waiting at an intersection we were approaching. Unfortunately there were a lot of cars, so when we stopped at the light the Leaf took off so the others couldn't see it before it was blocked by traffic.

That was my first sighting of a Leaf outside of a Nissan dealership. Haven't seen a Tesla in person yet, but have spotted some Volts.

12. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw the same blue one on the way to work yesterday. He was stuck in the traffic jam with me.

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Considering the LEAF has been Nissan's best selling model in WA State in several quarters over the past 2 years, its not surprising. I now have 2 others in my neighborhood driving past my house regularly. I live in a housing development but on the outer edges so reasonably speaking; only from about 26 houses would anyone be driving past my house (unless they felt like circling the neighborhood....anything is possible I suppose) so the growth continues!

14. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Plug-ins of any kind really aren't happening around here. That kinda works for me since there's only one plug on the outside of the building where I work. ;)