1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaf sighting thread

Discussion in 'Nissan/Infiniti Hybrids and EVs' started by cwerdna, Mar 22, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    WHEW !!
    Was I the very last one to spot a leaf in the wild? It finally happened - about 5 months after taking delivery of our own Leaf. . . we finally saw another Leaf - spotted in the wild. Not at a dealership / not at a Leaf get together. Where of all places? Parked right next to me at work!

[​IMG]

Same color too. It belongs to the mother in law of the driver.

1 person likes this.
  2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw a silver one parked in Santa Clara near a Korean food court yesterday. Saw another (blue) in downtown Mountain View on Castro Street today.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow!! same color and everything. wonder where he got his inspiration?

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    :rolleyes:

:p

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Considering how few readers have actually contributed to this thread -- only a handful of us are reporting large numbers -- I think you are still among the first.

6. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This morning, on my way to work, I saw an 18-wheel truck full of entirely Leafs, headed southbound on the 5Fwy along Camp Pendleton (California). So if you live in Carlsbad or San Diego, your local dealer might have received a shipment of Leafs this morning.

Also, yesterday on my way home from work, I saw a Leaf driving northbound on the 5fwy along Camp Pendleton (no civilization for many miles - an electric charge will only buy you a one-way ticket from San Diego County to Orange County). I would have loved to ask the driver about their experience.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw a blue leaf in south San Jose on Sunday. It's likely the same blue Leaf I'd seen in the area before. Saw a red Leaf in the Almaden Valley area of San Jose today w/white stickers.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw a red Leaf today going south in toward Almaden Valley. Had no plates yet and had red Premier Nissan temp placards. I later believe I saw the same one again a few hours later, parked near Leland High School. Leland's parking lot was full to the point of overflow. Must've been an open house or something...

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw a silver one today in south San Jose turning into a strip mall containing a Whole Foods. :) Still haven't been seeing all that many Leafs in the Bay Area.

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I see more Volts than I do Leafs.

11. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also saw a silver one today, while we were pedaling to a Whole Foods to participate in a walking (AVA) event. But while it was near the WF, it came from a side street and turned away.

Since my previous post here, I've seen three new Leafs (on different days), upgraded a previous single sighting to a semi-regular (i.e. twice seen entering / leaving a specific parking lot), seen a few semi-regulars many times, and had a second 3-Leaf day.

Also today, saw three Highlander Hybrids (a daily record), and an NGV Civic (the first I've noticed).

12. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen a whopping 1 Volt in the Bay Area so far and a whopping 1 in WA (not a launch state) which I think had AZ plates.

I saw a blue Leaf in Almaden Valley today w/white HOV stickers. Perhaps this is the same blue one I've seen around a few times?
    Hmm, the Civic GX I think is super rare in WA. I don't remember I've seen one up there. I've seen a few in Nor Cal, including 1 today.

13. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok. I saw a white Leaf in downtown Palo Alto today and a blue one in Menlo Park. I saw another blue one in Menlo Park but it might've been the same car. The latter one still had Boardwalk Nissan temp placards.

I also saw an old Rav4 EV in Palo Alto. I used to see one of those running around in south San Jose.

14. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow. Today, I skipped past 4 and 5, going straight to a 6-Leaf day!

Two semi-regulars, red and black. Two very likely repeats (i.e. same color, same street within a few blocks of a previous sighting), of a blue from Friday and a white from two months ago. And two new sightings, a red one pulled up next to me at a traffic light, and a blue coming off a side street in an area with no previous sightings.

Half were in the Redmond area, two north lake, one on the west side.

15. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, there are a lot running around in Redmond.

I saw a silver one Leaf today in Palo Alto.

16. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After a couple sparse days -- just a blue one in Ballard -- yesterday was another 6-Leaf day, this time all in or adjacent to Redmond. 3 reds, 2 blacks, 1 white. 2 parked, 4 moving. Three obvious repeats, one definitely new (to me), and two likely new.

17. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Saw a blue Leaf parked at Vallco Mall in Cupertino, CA today.

18. CandyCanePrincess

CandyCanePrincess New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saw a black one in northridge, ca today. Brand new! In the whole foods parking lot :)

19. hybridtwins

hybridtwins Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Yesterday we saw a blue Leaf on the 405 heading north. It was chugging up the steep side of the Pass heading to the West Side and doing about 55mph.

Would like to have seen what sort of hit he was taking on his range estimate in this situation.

20. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    do not know if that counts, but I saw at least four Leafs in Tokyo (including one rental Leaf and a Leaf taxi) and one in Kyoto last week.