1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leak detection pump questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bucci, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Bucci

Bucci Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    my 06 prius with 215K has been throwing a bunch of EVAP codes (please see below). Mechanic looked at it and said he would replace leak detection pump for $600.

Hopeing someone could help with some questions:

-can the leak detection pump be pulled without dropping the gas tank? I don't have a lift so would have to jack the car

-does anyone have experience with an aftermarket leak detection pump -- I saw a few in the $100 to $150 range vs $300 for toyota pump.

Thanks for any info
    Paul

P043F Evap system leak detection ref orifice high flow
    P2419 Evap system leak detection switching valve control circuit low
    P042E Evap system leak detection ref orifice low flow
    P2402 Evap system leak detection control circuit high
    P2401 Evap system leak detection control circuit low

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Old cars won't last as long as their new parts... I think the most affordable fix is to swap out with a used assembly from a wrecking yard... I've not worked on these before so can't answer if it's easier to swap whole gas tank system or just the pump...

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Going to question the OBD2 reader that was used. Was it a mini-vci cable (or better) with techstream?

Can you try scanning with another code reader and post the results here.

Many parts stores offer free code reading (not all are hybrid compatible), try a couple of locations and see if the results differ.

Please only make one post in the correct subforum. Duplicate posts don't really help anyone, either now or in the future.