1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leaking heater valve - cheap aftermarket is not always the best option

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by highmilesgarage, Feb 26, 2023.

1. highmilesgarage

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I noticed a puddle of coolant in my driveway every time I drive my Prius. Upon closer inspection, the heater valve is leaking. Removal is a little bit of a struggle since the space is tight to remove the hoses. I access the lower hose down under from the CHS tank. Never buy a Dorman heater valve (or the chinesium junk in Amazon) OEM only cost $113 online with shipping included and it will be worry free that it will last for a long time.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wouldn’t buy anything but oem parts these days, with so many reports of bad aftermarket

3. nemebean

nemebean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had to replace mine last year and the aftermarket ones were only about $10-$15 cheaper than OEM. Totally not worth the risk considering all of the reports of aftermarket only lasting a couple of years, whereas OEM is 10+.

The one gripe I had was that my local parts department couldn't find the right part when I went in. I ended up ordering mine from a dealer with an online parts store.