1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Leap of faith ????

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by 12voltman, Jan 27, 2015.

1. 12voltman

12voltman Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yea, I wished I could have ...............but I was out of town the end of Jan, until yesterday. Believe me, I thought about it.

As far as the salesperson reading this .............I would say pretty doubtful ...........its not even a Toyota dealership. Who knows though ? :unsure:

Just dont know if its worth holding out an entire month to see if I can get them lower . It is a pretty good price, and may likely get sold to someone else if i wait too long. Gas prices are starting to rise again.

2. 12voltman

12voltman Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Update ...........

Its a done deal .............. I have a nice shiny 2011 Gen3 Silver Prius sitting in the driveway . (y)
    Guess my bluffing worked, dealer caved before I did , lol . I was able to get them to go to $12,900 ! , and they even filled up the gas tank (that should get me 600 free miles !) . Not too bad for a 2011 Prius 2 with 30,000 miles. The original window sticker was $24,378. and came with a few options. The Prius floormats, and cargo mat, and also the BLU logic system. One remote fob had a dead battery I found out when I got home , but already replaced the battery (Walmart !) and it works fine now. In a way it was good, otherwise I wouldn't have known about the "hidden key" in the remote fob . Nice feature !

I am glad they caved on the price, because I would have if they didnt :D . Fuel prices are on the rise, and it was just a matter of time before someone else grabbed it.
    Put about 100 miles on it today already and love it. Still learning what everything is and how to work all the buttons.
    Everything seems to work as it should ................including that annoying reverse beeping :rolleyes: . I know I can get it turned off, but the dealer I purchased the car from was not a Toyota dealer and couldn't do it.

Anyway , just updating this thread with the good news.

Thanks to everyone who helped my decision ! :)

SO , did I do O.K. at $12,900 ???

Ashlem and PriusGuy32 like this.
  3. Yakoma

Yakoma Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    >> SO , did I do O.K. at $12,900 ???

It's a moot question, bud. You already made your decision.
    If you're happy, be happy. It sounds like you're happy.

(y)(y)(y)(y)

4. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on the great deal!!! Yes, I think you did very good. I am currently looking at Gen3's myself, and to find a 2011 with that low miles at that prices is rare.

This week I might be trading in my 2007 for a 2013 Level 2. Wish me luck! (y)

5. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Umm, yes. Very good deal.

If they went down that much from original asking price, they probably lost a few bucks on the deal but just wanted it gone. They will make it up on the next sale.