1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Learned Something NEW about my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by iskoos, Oct 29, 2018.

1. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry I wasn't monitoring this past week or I would have replied your question immediately. But you tried and learned it yourself:)

I am glad it worked for you(y)

Bay Stater likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I was going somewhere anyways. There are no superfluous trips, when you're rolling on 17" Michelin Pilots, AND trying to keep your fuelly number lean-and-mean. :ROFLMAO:

Bay Stater likes this.
  3. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You figured this out already but I will answer it for others to know.
    It is exactly the way you said. Power it up with foot on brake. See the "READY" on display. Your 15 seconds has started:) (may not even be 15. Maybe 12 or so)
    Do whatever you want (shift to Drive or Rear, move the vehicle etc.) and before the 15-second time is up, shift it to Neutral and the ICE will not start.

But you WON'T reset the 15-second time or WON'T be able to use the remaining of the 15 seconds (in case you shifted to Neutral say in 5 seconds which should theoretically leave you 10 more seconds). It still countdowns while you are in Neutral. It just doesn't start the ICE.

And one last thing and VERY important. You MUST power off the car by pressing the power button directly from the Neutral position. If you try to put it in Park and then power it off, you won't make it. Vehicle will start the ICE at the moment you shift it to Park.

Enjoy it:)

Bay Stater and Mendel Leisk like this.
  4. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Totally understand...:)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And one more thing about the EV mode availability.
    I was able to use the EV mode when the vehicle was cold but it is a hit or miss situation. I remember engaging the EV with 3 out of 8 bars left. But not being able to engage it 4 out of 8 bars left.

So it is like tossing a coin...