1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Learning to work on my prius 526 613 codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Nickkendall32, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Nickkendall32

Nickkendall32 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello from North Dakota
    I purchased a 2005 Prius thinking it needed a new battery I went and had the battery rebuilt by a reputable Prius business
    Then after I put the new battery in I realized it wasn’t the battery as I still had problems
    Then I tested the ac compressor and wasn’t getting the specified reading at the plug so I swapped ac compressors and had it charged and that didn’t help
    I got Techstream and a laptop and have been able to pull these codes
    I am new to working on Prius but I have a parts one in my yard that I picked up also
    It is a 2005 with right around 200,000 miles in it
    Thanks for your input

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    these folks know their stuff: see 2:10 for detail code 613

watch

Nickkendall32 likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the service manual is at techinfo.toyota.com

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Our best reference to give people for access to the service manual is our wiki page about it:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

It not only gives the techinfo URL for the US, but also the corresponding URLs for other areas, and also describes the arrangements with US libraries and so on where the same info is available for free, and it describes what you find there and how to make effective use of it.

5. Nickkendall32

Nickkendall32 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well folks I am lost I have tried swapping the transaxle and the invertor and still have the exact same codes and sub codes if 526 613
    They came from a donor Prius with 200,000 miles I swapped one at a time and get the same codes in the end
    When I try and go through the workout I was not getting the correct resistance in several spots but this is my first time using a multimeter so that may have something to do with it. Luckily I have a lift and a heated garage to work in. Thanks for any input