1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Daytime lights, best wiring option?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mkarolian, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mkarolian

mkarolian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I picked up a set of these LED light strips on Amazon (surprisingly well reviewed) and I'd like them to power on anytime the car is on.

One solution I thought might be viable using one of these "add a circuit" type deals. Opinions on this? There is a red lead coming off of the add a circuit, but I'm not sure where I'd need to connect the negative wiring.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, use an add a circuit, you just need to find a circuit that is only hot when in Ready mode. The negative side of the wiring can be any good ground, like a bolt on the body or fender.

SCH-I535

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You should have someone do this for you!

4. Steve Holmes

Steve Holmes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I fitted my front DRLs (eBay from Hong Kong) in the grill and the nearest 'ready' power point was the washer motor some 12" away.
    Just unplug the connector from the washer bottle (near the bottom) and scotchlock the positive to the blue wire. The negative goes to the chassis bolt nearer the front.