1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED fog lights 9006

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by paphillyman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. paphillyman

paphillyman Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Has anyone had an error message come up when replacing the fog light with LED lights . I read somewhere that ya may need a resistor but not sure what that is and where it goes , and how do ya know what LED 9006 light to get, I looked on ebay and i see a set for like $18 and some are over $50 . What do you look for ?

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A resistor is needed for turn signal lights. Otherwise they blink too fast.

3. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    LED fog lights will give u the HID look but won't have the same lumens as HID fogs.

4. paphillyman

paphillyman Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok after looking on ebay I notice warnings about putting in LED fog lights on some cars , has anyone got these errors:

• Our LED Products DO NOT Come With Built-In Load Resistor
    • LED Bulb Is Low Lower Consumption Device , Issues Such As Hyper Flashing , No Flashing or Burnt Out/Error Code May Occur In Some Cases. You May Simply Add A Set Of Load Resistor (NOT included) To Avoid Those Issues

or its ok to install theses on a prius ?

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you installing LED bulbs in the fogs strictly for looks, or are you hoping for actual illumination?

If for looks, anything that fits. If you want some illumination, then you have to get the ones that go for $50 and up to over $100, and they still won't be as bright as halogen bulbs, in most cases.

You don't have to worry about resistors when replacing foglight bulbs in a Prius.

SCH-I535

6. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

This..