1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Headlamps for Prius 2?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Eco-Boi, Feb 28, 2013.

1. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    They're pretty expensive too, $400 to 600 each on eBay.

Maybe, go with 55w HIDs if you want the illumination, or 35w HIDs if you want better illumination and lower power draw than halogens.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    And they usually don't come with the LED control module as well, so you'd have to find that as well.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The factory LED headlights don't even compare to the FX-R projectors let alone the famed S2K projectors (drool).

I like my new LEDs a lot better than the halogen projectors with aftermarket HIDs I had in my 2012 Three. Still, I liked the FX-R retrofit in my GenII much better. The width of the FX-R projector is fantastic for a cheap unit! The cutoff is pretty nice too. There are better units but for us cheapskates the FX-R is nice.

The point people are trying to make is this. If you are going to bother spending the time and money on a real headlight upgrade then you may as well do it right and have a retrofit done. Expect to spend $1000+ if you pay to have it done.