LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ScudderWoods12, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:37 PM.

1. ScudderWoods12

ScudderWoods12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have not seen any new content on this topic so I wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions.

I want to get the xenon LED conversion kit for my 2012 Prius. Is it worth it? How well does it work?

Anyone have any thoughts on what LED conversion kit to get?

Thanks!

2. ScudderWoods12

ScudderWoods12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is also for low beam headlights.

3. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are a lot of threads on the topic of headlight upgrades. I know because it's always been one of my favorite topics. I love the satisfaction of a thick spread of light with a clean cutoff.

There are a number of plug-n-play options for LEDs and HIDs which are easy to install and don't cost very much. Unfortunately, you're never going to get a deeply satisfying upgrade without a some custom work. On top of that, there are a lot of folks that would be happy to flame you for installing a plug-n-play kit which will blind oncoming traffic when used in projector designed for halogen bulbs.

4. Jayw13702

Jayw13702 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Over the last 2 years I have tried a few of the plug and play kits.

The HID kits have terrible dark spots and so actually give less useable light that a halogen bulb.

The LED weren’t much better than the HID but had the added annoyance of a whirring fan on each bulb that in the end made as much noise as a refrigerator unit on a truck!!

Both look good when viewed from the front but performed badly, I ended up buying some high quality performance halogen bulbs that appear to give a greater spread of light.

2010 Gen 3

Dylan Doxey likes this.