1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Headlight Replacement?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Eric Warren, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Eric Warren

Eric Warren New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    New here. My 2011 Prius 3 eats headlight bulbs for lunch. I usually end up replacing all 4 bulbs twice over the course of the year. I can’t do the passenger side myself, so if I’m going to take it to the dealer again I want to consider going to LED.

For those that have the same issue, will I get better longevity? Can someone link to a quality set?

#1 Eric Warren, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2018
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wonder what's causing the short life of the bulbs? Do you drive long distances at night? Or maybe higher than normal voltages going to the bulbs?

3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There’s a recall on that will fix constant blown bulb issue.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. cnc97

cnc97 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three

If you either remove the intake silencer tube OR the coolant reservoir, the passenger side is not too bad. Don’t worry, you can leave all the coolant hoses in place. I personally bought OEDRO LED bulbs. I found the H11/9005 combo pack for 65.99 shipped for both pairs. They arrived in 3 days. Maybe faster for those of you on the west coast, as the seller is in Washington. They are shaped as close to a halogen bulb as an LED can be. True white light. Very pleased with them.

Attached Files:

5. Mr. Prius

Mr. Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got Beamtechs on Amazon. Paid $37. Love them! :D

6. howardc64

howardc64 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just put Beamtech H11 LED 50W 6500K 8000Lumens on. Way too dim for my taste even after adjusting the headlights up higher. Definitely dimmer than the 55W HIDs I had on. Returning the LEDs back going back to HIDs

7. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My guess is you can't get the back cover on the drivers side off. I had that problems with my 2008 and I always had to take the headlight out so I learned how to remove the headlight assembly. I could get it out in ten minutes after a couple of tries. If the ballast is in the bottom of the headlight assembly like the Gen2 make sure there is no water in the headlight assembly because the ballast doesn't swim very well.