1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED headlights - 2011 Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Trickle, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Trickle

Trickle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all - I’m so confused. I’m sure there are posts on this but they quickly get over my head or past my tech ability. Thanks in advance for any help and attention from experts like yourselves.

2011 Prius II with halogen headlights. They are just trash. I don’t feel safe driving after twilight. Dealer serviced where they replace and have buffed the plastic shrouds mostly clear. Dealer verified headlight assembly correct and not melted, cracked, or broken. Had the warranty recall repair a few years ago which I think changed voltage. That helped them stop burning out every 6 months but it also reduced lumens. I’m shopping to get some reasonable bright lights but the led conversation gets crazy when reviewing Amazon or other.

Is there anything I can just order and replace myself to get decent headlights? Happy to do so but I’m lost on good/bad works in hot/cold etc.

Very frustrated and I don’t want to go through another winter without a good solid upgrade

thx

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two