1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED headlights disappoint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by yeldogt, Jan 29, 2012.

1. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I had to adjust mine up, Low beams sucked could only see 20 feet ahead! Add springs to improve handling, Like Tanabe springs
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...nally-tanabe-210s-springs-installed-pics.html Enjoy!

2. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have ended up raising the lights about 18 notches on the levelers -- this amounts to about 1 complete turn.

I now have very nice headlights on the car -- they throw a very nice beam of light with nice side illumination.

The fog lights are still not doing much and I can tell you why -- they throw a beam more like a driving light. Instead of the beam being low and flat and just out in front of the car -- it is more concentrated in the center and too far out -- like a weak "too low" driving light -- the light is simple covered by the headlights.

The LEDS and wheels make the upgrade the "five" worthwile for me

Thanks eveyone for the information

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This Thread was designed for oem install on genIII for models without fog. there is a pdf there. it explains how to adjust the fogs... very bottom of document.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why do you want light right in front of the car? Too much light too close just ruins long distance vision and you'd never react fast enough to avoid anything that close anyway. :)

5. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Totally unfair.

Before accusing someone or implying that someones opinion or feelings are simply fake? You should click on the persons profile. Check out their stats.

yeldogt has started a few threads, and made quite a few varied comments. Some negative, some positive. Which indicates to me that this is someone sincere in their commentary.

You can agree or disagree, but believe it or not, it is possible that someone may find fault with Prius and it NOT be someone just trying to cause trouble.

I've been around here long enough. People complain about Gas Bladders...Uncomfortable Seats, Rough Start Ups and now? LED Headlights.

I think everyone is entitled to agree or disagree, share their answers to the problems, or even feeling that there is no problem.

But to default that any criticism of anything Prius is automatically "fake", is unfair.

If someone is REALLY just trolling and causing trouble, and yes it does happen, it get's revealed pretty quickly in course anyway, by not only the responses from the community, but the response of the original poster.

6. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    F8L: Well that what fog lights are -- They project a wide flat beam of light .....low to the ground and at a minimum distance so that you don't get a "white out" from fog or snow. Technically .... they are to be used at low speed without the headlights on. In all fairness to the Prius -- they may indeed work fine directly in front of the car under these conditions. No snow or fog.

But -- The wide beam is also useful in filling in the sides of the road otherwise not illuminated by regular headlights. Driving a car with great FL is a treat on country roads - as everything is lit up and you still don't blind oncoming drivers.

I'm not one of those people who drives with the fog lights on all the time ... and I almost never use the rear one unless it is really needed.

The electric me: Some are very Prius passionate :)

I'm finding it to be a very interesting vehicle --- the seamless hybrid drive is really amazing ... and that is the part that I believe keeps people from buying.