1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Headlights Replacements for HID Models 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by MichaelN77, Feb 7, 2019.

1. MichaelN77

MichaelN77 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Is it possible to replace the HID bulbs the LED bulbs that allow you to remove the ballast or used the Non-HID head light assembly and plug them directly into sockets that are built into the vehicle without any wiring modifications?

Marcilla Smith likes this.
  2. Marcilla Smith

Marcilla Smith Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recently, I went searching for similar information. I will try to answer based on what I found

The ballast is not required for LED's, so in that sense, it can be removed. For myself and from what I've seen on the forum, no one has found it worthwhile to go through the trouble, rather than just tuck it to the side

The LED replacement for halogens is different and will not connect to a vehicle originally equipped for HID. The LED replacement for HID's that I found and that others have found has required only VERY minimal "re-wiring" - really just clipping two wires and crimping on two blade connectors (per bulb). My experience was that this part was easier than getting to the bulbs in the first place.

Also note that LED's create FM interference. I do seem to recall someone built a mini Faraday cage and grounded it to the vehicle?

In any event, here was the thread I found when I went looking for more info