1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED interior light module shop (CLOSED again)

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by darelldd, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ May 28 2007, 03:04 PM) [snapback]451132[/snapback]</div>
    So basically it'll be the same as listed on your page then?

yeah I realise. That's why I'm hesitant to buy the chinese bulbs even though they're cheap and can be cheaply replaced.

2. ryanschram

ryanschram New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    put me on your list for a full package minus the cup holder.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryanschram @ Jun 2 2007, 08:10 PM) [snapback]454182[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I don't offer the cup-holder, so that's an easy one! :)

The shop is back open - for a limited time.

Here's the deal. I'm just now beginning to procure more parts, to ramp production back up one more time. Since it has been a while since several folks have contacted me, I'll be sending out a new email over the next week or so, and asking what you currently want, and if you are still interested. From those un-paid reservations, I'll then build the product. When I am ready to ship, I'll ask for payment. It could be several weeks between when I ask what you want, and when I'm ready to ship - all depends on getting the parts in, and it just takes ONE part shortage to put this whole thing on hold! This is not going to be an on-going build this time. I'll go until I've satisfied everybody who's been asking, and then the shop will likely close for good. While I do thank you guys for your interest in LED lighting, I'm not doing this to make money - I'm building them because I know there are many out there who would like to upgrade their lighting. I make less than minimum wage in this little endeavor - I say this so that if you once expressed interest, and no longer want the product for whatever reason - it really won't hurt my feelings!

So, now I'd like to get emails from everybody who's interested. If I have your address, I'll send you the note. If I don't yet have your address, now would be a great time to send me an email telling me what you'd like. Please do not say "full package" as that is not specific enough. I don't sell custom modules for the rear dome, and I don't recommend the license plate lights. Tell me exactly what and how many of what you want. The pricing and information is all on the light-buying page listed in the original post. My email is in my signature.

Questions that may help others should be posted here. More personal questions (payment, shipping, etc) should be sent directly to my email address. PLEASE DON'T US PM.

4. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey - Where'd all you guys go who were so upset that I'd closed the shop? I've had exactly two responses out of 20 "seriously" interested folks. Yikes. Hardly worth ordering parts!

In the meantime, I can't reply to one of my two respondents!

Drew Clark - my response emails are all bouncing. Can you send me an alternate address to use or are you receiving those emails even though I'm getting a message that delivery failed?

5. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

6. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Gotcha Lee.

OK, now we've rounded up a few of the interested folks... and found a couple of new ones along the way. Time to get serious and track down the rest of the goodies I need.

7. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good news! I finally have enough parts to start going on these! Yay. I'll get them built up and start contacting folks when I'm ready to roll. The July 4 holidy is going to slow things up a bit next week, but maybe I can get some out the door by the end of this week. I'll hold off on the guys shipping their fixutres in, so there isn't a week delay of having their lights shipped back!

Stand by.

8. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

just placed our order! YAY! can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're getting:

3 dome
    2 vanity
    2 door
    1 cargo
    rear dome import

it's gonna look soooooooooooooo purdy! no more yellow light!

(and i added it as ordered to my list below!)

9. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Will ship today. This is the first batch to ship of the "new season" of the module shop.

Be prepared to be the envy or all who witness your new brilliance. :D

10. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 28 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]469564[/snapback]</div>

[​IMG]

11. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK, folks. After a slow start, I've since been innundated with orders. I've now filled my capacity of parts, supplies and patience. So everybody who got their order in before today, July 10, 2007 - I'm working though them in the order they came in. I will contact you when the product is ready to ship. This is likely the end of the LED dome shop. Thanks for the good times. :)

12. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jul 10 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]476264[/snapback]</div>
    ohhhhhh those of you that got your orders in are so lucky! and those of you who didn't.... well.... you are REALLY missing out! these lights are SO white and SO bright!

i was a bit peeved that hubby saw this thread and wanted these at first... but hey.... i was ordering all sorts of stuff and he's the one doing the installing..... well now that they are in the car... OMG! they are GREAT!

thanx for making them daryll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE them!

13. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jul 10 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]476504[/snapback]</div>
    Ah... glad to hear that they've finally installed, and that you like them. Thanks! Made me smile. :)

14. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Paging Octavio Cortes of West Palm Beach, FL.

I've got your modules ready to ship, but haven't heard anything back from my email inquiries. I'd love to hear from you!

I have all modules ready to ship now, and only three more customers to contact. If you ordered, and you don't hear from me by tomorrow morning, drop me a line wake me up.

If I have any extras after all this is over, I'll list them here.

15. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Still looking for Octavio Cortes.

I have your order ready to go, but need to hear from you so that I can get
    a. your shipping address and
    b. your money. :)

In the meantime, I've had a few folks change their orders around and/or cancel, so will have a few odds and ends left when the dust has settled. If there is anything you may still want, now is you chance at the last few modules. I'm totally out of the rear dome imports now, however.

16. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yay! I've heard from everybody now! I did have another buyer back out, so I can accept a couple of more orders if anybody wants anything. At this point, I can do a few of anything (except the import rear dome units).

17. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK folks... we're done! All orders have been shipped (and should have been received by now). If you are still expecting something from me, now's the time to holler. I THINK I've fulfilled everything. Wow... that was an exciting bit of work I've never built so many modules at a time before.

Thanks everybody... the shops is now closed.

18. wile-e

wile-e Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RichP @ Jan 27 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]381695[/snapback]</div>
    Love the work you have done!

Add my name to your list as well. [email protected]

(For when overwhelming response forces you to sell them again. ;) :rolleyes: )

Pretty please? :blink:

19. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey guys -

Thanks for the nice comments and the desire. Please don't hold your breath though! The demand just isn't there any more, and instead of breaking about even, I'd lose money doing small batches. There are several "Hong Kong" options for most of these applications. While I'm not a big fan of them, and they aren't nearly as bright or durable, they're certainly cheap!

20. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Darell,

I was one of those unforunates who joined the forums after you closed shop but are depressed at missing the chance to try your awesome toys!

I was wondering if you ever thought about posting on your site (maybe you did and I didn't look hard enough) instructions on how to create the modules ourselves - parts, specs, work instructions?

Be greatly appreciative and fun - like another college EE experiment from circuits class haha.

Thanks!