1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED interior light module shop (CLOSED again)

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by darelldd, Jun 14, 2006.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dongwoo @ Nov 10 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]537871[/snapback]</div>
    Howdy -

This has been asked several times before. Sometimes publicly and sometimes privately. The short answer - and I don't mean to be mean or secretive - is that this is not gonna happen. Not everything is off the shelf, and the custom board layout is now on its third generation for size/shape/efficiency improvements. The circuit can be reverse-engineered easily enough by somebody who knows what he's looking at. But it can't be laid out on a proto-typing board and expected to work in the confines of the Prius fixtures. And ordering ONE custom board isn't gonna work out too well!

(I got your PM, and will now reply).

2. tdsoup

tdsoup New Member

Darrel.

I have read with much interest the LED improvements that you have developed. I have done a lot of one off things for my 56 Chevy Bel Air hardtop restoration. It was a labor of love, like you I guess after a while it becomes a job and not a hobby. I appreciate your contributions. While not yet a Pruis owner, I am really close to placing the order. It was taken me a long time to see the wisdom of the Prius, and honestly the Pruis drives a lot different than I would ever have expected. It's not perfect; that's for us tinkerers to do. My hat is off to you for your dedication, patience and ingenuity.

In the off chance that the light module shop (the LMS) opens again, I would be very interested in many of your works.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    tdsoup -

Thanks for the nice words. Good luck on your purchase. When you get the car and start to tinker, drop me a line.

4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG
    this tread is amazing! TS nice work with the led conversion!!!

i found some nice dropin factory made ( so no custom work needs to be done ) to and going to try it soon!

make some pics when i am ready

your site is a great help:)

edit
    i installed them today!!
    looks nice

5. GeeWiz

GeeWiz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A