1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Led interior map light 2007

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Hayden, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hayden

Hayden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi maybe Its because im new but I'm confused on swapping out the stock map lights for leds, I've opened it up and theres 3 wedge bulbs i guess. They're 168 size apparently, now I've ordered these (5-SMD 168 194 LED Bulbs For Car Interior Lights, License Plate Lights) are they going to work?

2. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Welcome to the forum, I'm not an expert on LED's. I'd recommend searching the forum, there's a lot of useful information on priuschat! Good luck on your project:)

3. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
  4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The LEDs you ordered will work, but I doubt you'll be amazed with the brightness..Doing something like this will be much brighter..

I did however use additional glue adhesive to keep the panels from falling on to the light lens. I didn't trust the adhesive that came on LED panels. If you look at the LED configuration of the ones you ordered, you will only have 1 LED pointing where you need it. Down. 4 others barely doing anything. Not just the Sencart brand I bought but any brand of LED panel that will fit up there with the 168 connection will prove much more useable light.

Hayden likes this.
  5. Hayden

Hayden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Okay, I might order some then after I see how the ones I ordered work, I should have them by tomorrow. I was just worried because this is literally the first light I've replaced and I didn't understand how they could connect since the stock bulbs seem to screw in and I couldn't see how the others did. Did you get 3 panels for the 3 lights?

6. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    U can literally just pull the bulb out...no need to twist the whole thing.

Yes, panels for all 3 dome lights. Small panels in the door courtesy lights, larger panel in the rear dome light..all makes it pretty bright. Just working out the details of the trunk hatch area....the placement of the rear hatch light makes it pretty much useless regardless if I put a panel in there or not. I'll try later this week to get u some pictures.

7. Hayden

Hayden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Alright, thanks for all the help!