1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED or not LED?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by tgpii, May 12, 2019.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know there is a thread for this but just can't find it. So if you know where it is at please help. I want to swap my halligan headlight bulbs. (Next time they go out.) Do I just change bulbs or is there more to this? Is it worth the extra money? Just seems like my 2012 Prius C loves to eat light bulbs.

2. iceman13

iceman13 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It is a direct swap, nothing special about installing them. I have Beamtech H11s in the low beams, I love them and in conjunction with adjusting the lights just a bit higher than stock made a huge difference in night driving vision and safety. I bought them from Amazon. I recommend you just do it, these cars projector low beams work great with LED retrofits unlike others.

3. Royston.K

Royston.K Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Low Beam H11 for Prius C 2012.

I bought Philips Ultinon Essentials H11 LEDs. Decent brightness and throw. However I always advocate headlight beam adjustment to make sure you don't care other road users. Safer for everyone!

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    H11 Low beam head lights
    H16 Fog lights
    9005 High beam head lights

*Note: High Beams run the DRLs. If you choose LEDS/HIDs, turn off the DRLs.