1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED or Xenon Headlight

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by uPredict, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  2. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks! Appreciate your feedback. The color is nice and the brightness is spot on. I do like the ballasts - their quality is good; however, TRS screwed a little bit with grounding electrode placing on the bulb itself, that is why I have tiny shades when I am driving. I am guessing from the previous posts, there is no such of a problem with xenonsupply. Toyota's H11 is very good, the cutoff line is precise and clear.

3. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All! Planning to get HIDs on my C3 eventually. Does having HIDs void warranty at all? Also, is it hard to install yourself? I've never done any thing like this before... :) Thanks!!!

4. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Nope, your warranty will be ok. Installation is pretty simple - plug and play. The most "difficult" part is just to find the place for your ballasts.

5. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm going to install mine this weekend. Here's a video from xenonsupply

6. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ballasts - do you have to drill anywhere to have those in a fixed place? How are they kept in the car without moving? :) Adhesives?

7. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It depends on what you will get in your package. I wouldn't recommend any adhesives or double sided tapes since sooner or later it may fall off. Some people use plastic tie wraps another just use the metal brackets which come together with the ballasts. Your limit is just your own imagination, you can find a lot of small holes or spots in your car where you can actually attach the brackets without any drilling. I personally found couple of holes in my fenders and put my brackets there, see post #69; as well as posts #47, 54 and 57 in this thread.

8. MrUPSer

MrUPSer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
  9. MrUPSer

MrUPSer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Did you order 4300 or 6000? Can you post pics?

10. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Any new coupon codes from xenonsupply?

11. MrUPSer

MrUPSer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    youtube11 10%off just worked for me.

12. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ok, thanks. I used "xsforum15" and saved 15% ;)

13. Ryan Case

Ryan Case Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Installed the xenonsupply prius kit this weekend. 6K color.

Notes:

• Was surprised that there was not a factory connector (that I had to use the spade plugs into the factory connector
    • The driver side bulb was tricky to lock into place - I advise you look at the pattern of the factory bulb and then rotate the new xenon bulb approximately the same location
    • 6K lighting looks fine (nothing extraordinary)
    • The cut-off in the prius-c projector is low quality, I may replace these with real xenon projectors at some point
    • I used zip ties as I plan on removing these for service intervals. My past experiences with luxury brands has taught me to remove anything that causes contention on issues.
    • I would advise buying the bulb for above the lights - it looks stupid now.
    Overall a huge upgrade for 110 bucks shipped.
    Difficulty of installation 2/10
    Time spent - 20 Mintues

14. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Care to elaborate on a couple points? You seem to be struggling when others haven't.

*What factory connector wasn't in your car? The kit is literally plug-n-play with weather-sealed connectors.
    *What makes you say the projector cut-off is poor? Is there light bleed or is the cut-off fuzzy on yours? You may want to double check you seated the bulbs correctly.
    *"Bulb above the lights": do you mean the running light? Why do you think it looks stupid, because it's a lower color temp?

15. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This kit is not 100% plug n play. There is no more socket connector for the factory lightbulb connector, instead there are two wires red and black with metal pins on the end that have to be connected to the factory lightbulb socket. This type of connection is far from being weather-sealed, Lol. I secured mine with some electrical tape and hope it won't get loose over time.
    The cut-off is actually pretty good IMO at least with my 4300K.
    The parking light above the headlight looks kinda off with HIDs on ( too yellow ) I replaced mine with super white 194 LED

16. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  17. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just purchased the same kit and, as the previous post states, it only has wires with spade connectors rather than the actual harness that connects to the factory wiring.

SGH-T989 ? 2

18. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just ordered the same kit - waiting to receive it - I was expecting it to be plug and play since I'm not very handy with cars. - when you guys are talking about wires + spade connectors, how do you conect them then to the car - where do you do that?

19. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    -->GTI & JLee81: when did you get your kits from XenonSupply? I'm wondering if they downgraded the connectors since I bought mine back in August.

20. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you checkout the 3rd gen forums, we have also experienced the same thing. Another user and I have asked for the h11 connector and xenon supply told us both that they would mail them out. Mine will hopefully arrive tomorrow or friday.