1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED or Xenon Headlight

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by uPredict, Mar 21, 2012.

1. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm - I wonder what I'll get - my shipment is currently on the FedEx truck. Good to know I can ask for the h11 connector.

2. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered mine on black Friday. Col127, it is just a matter of plugging the spade connectors into the factory harness rather than inserting the male harness into the factory (female) harness. I will take a few pics of the wires tonight since I plan on installing my kit when I get home.

SGH-T989 ? 2

3. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I received my kit today- I too did not get the "connector" and only have the spades. I am not really comfortable doing that! I wonder why thye suddenly stopped putting a connector on the end and why they thought this would be ok....

Also I tried putting one bulb in but cannot lock it into position. Anyone else have that issue? It seems to mate up ok and I can start to turn it but cannot get it past about 1/8 of a turn. The stock bulb goes back in without any issues.

I cannot say I am too happy with this kit and I havent even plugged anything in yet. Also I cannot really find their return policy on the site. Opened a ticket about all this and will try to get the plugs like some people managed to get after doing the same- Right now my review is buyer beware

4. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought mine in October. I also called xenonsupply about this issue and they said they no longer supply their kits with this particular connector so I had no choice either deal with that or return my kit. I decided to give it a shoot. Basically I put those two wires into the factory harnes and secured it with some electrical tape. I know it sounds tacky but it works. I just checked on those yesterday and they still look ok.

5. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    i wouldnt mind so much if they told you that was the deal- if the video says it isnt then they should pull the video or add a change to the description on the site imho. If they dont send me the connectors I will send it back

6. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just finished installing mine and I will surely be getting them to send me the h11 harness. The spades are secured to the factory harness with electrical tape at the moment. If they weren't wrapped they would eventually work themselves out as it is not a very tight fit. The orange gasket at the base of the bulb was not in the groove so I had to put them in before I could put the bulbs in. To get the bulbs in it was easiest to get the two smaller tabs in then the larger one just went right in.

The difference in light output between these and the factory bulbs is incredible. I can see what everyone is talking about with the bulb above the headlight looking dim and yellow now compared to the hid lights. I guess that will be next on the list to replace.

SGH-T989 ? 2

7. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The kit itself works ok, the only thing is that you have to figure out what is the best way to connect those wires to your factory headlight connector. I wonder if they eliminated that particular connector for more universal type of connection (different applications maybe?) who knows. Like I said before electrical tape worked for me :)

8. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    well yeah- I went from a package 5 genII to the 4 genIII
    my number 1 complaint is the terrible halogens. It was so bad that the first night I actually had to get out of the car to make sure I didnt just have the running lights on or something. I guess I was just use to the years of real HIDs. I even mentioned the terrible lights on the Toyota survey. I was considering putting out for the LEDs but then saw the false advertising plug (with plugs) and play video for these so decided to try it out.

So I know what you mean when you say the light is incredible- I just dont want connectors on a new car taped up with electrical tape and bare blades plugged into things. It is so ghetto..... and on a 2012? come on

9. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I totally agree with you GasSaver1, You just have to make a quick call to xenonsupply and tell them that we have 2012 already and you don't want no ghetto bare blades plugged into things, maybe they gonna listen to you cause when I talk to them they said love it or leave it :(

10. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you for purchasing with XenonSupply.

We sincerely apologize for the complications you are experiencing. No, you will not have to tape up bare wires, as the prongs lock into place one connected. However, of course, we can absolutely send you out the plastic clips. We have definitely noticed more and more inquires about this issue, and realized by us removing the plastic clip in order to help out customers out to simplify the polarity issues, we have only caused confusion. We will not continue to remove this plastic clip for Prius owners anymore, and I will have the pieces shipped your way immediately.

In terms of your bulb not keeping in place, this is the first I have heard of the issue. Could you please provide us with a photo of our bulb base comparing to your OEM bulb base so that we can find a solution to this issue?

We look forward to you response.

Sincerely,
    Brent and XS Team

11. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tada!
    Looks like they have pretty good customer service and respond quickly

12. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  13. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    well, thank you xenonsupply !!!

14. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    so my question is... since it sounds like the package doesn't come with these 'plastic plugs' anymore - how would you attach the wires into those plastic plugs? just push em in? i hope it doesn't require anything more than that otherwise i'd need XS to do it and send it back!

15. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    they should just press in and lock into place. You can buy the housings on ebay too- same deal but in this case I think XS should supply them.

16. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just push the spades in, if the HID's won't lit up reverse the wires.

17. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just got my package and its like everyone else's... No plastic connectors on two of the wires. I've opened up a ticket.

18. GasSaver1

GasSaver1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I mean i guess i could understand where they were trying to go with this. The part in the video where the guy says if it doesnt turn on reverse the connector because of polarity (i think he demos unplugging and reversing) so instead they tried to make it where you would plug the pos and neg directly in and not have to reverse anything. But they should have included the blank plugs with the kit to allow the installer to do a finished job.

19. JLee81

JLee81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    They sent the plugs out for me today. Less than 24 hours after I opened a ticket. Sent via USPS Priority Mail.

SGH-T989 ? 2

20. GTI

GTI Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They sent mine today too.