1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LED Turn Signals

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Steven Michael Giusti Jr, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Steven Michael Giusti Jr

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Does anyone one know where I can find the thermal flasher unit to replace with a relay to stop hyper blinking that LED turn signals produce? I have a 2012 Prius C One and have been reading a bunch of threads and can't find the answer. I bought a relay that one of the threads said stopped there hyper blinking but they never said where to plug it in or anything andbive literally torn my dash apart looking and can't find anything! If anyone knows and has pictures or knows of a video somewhere it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I've never done this and have no idea what I'm talking about, but lurking in other threads on the subject has led me to believe that the solution to the rapid blinking problem is to use LED bulbs that incorporate a resistor designed to simulate the filament of an incandescent bulb. Or perhaps to wire such a resistor into the wiring circuit.

3. TheTimob

TheTimob Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius C's flasher is electronic and internal to the body control module. You can't replace it with an LED flasher. You'll need to wire resistors in with your LEDs to make them flash normally.

djdawn, ztanos and xliderider like this.
  4. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two