1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CMJAnew, Jun 11, 2022.

1. CMJAnew

CMJAnew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey folks, 2012 C with 430,000ish miles (can’t say for sure because lost my odometer etc at 403,000 miles).
    Anyway, using a scan tool I’m getting; LEFT FRONT “current” and little or no speed reading from that wheel. I have replaced the sensor - all 4 actually - before purchasing a scan tool.
    So, do you think this could be a bad sensor out of the box? Or something within the wheel (I’ve cleaned the ring as best I could.
    Thanks

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wheel bearings and their related speed sensors are one of those parts where the OEM part really does work better than the aftermarket version, in my experience.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The tone ring, sensor, connections and wiring, and ECU are all on the list of suspects. Sometimes it helps to use a meter or scope to just find out exactly how far the signal is and isn't getting, and then look for why.