1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Left rear door window not working - motor OK

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rwernst, Jun 2, 2017.

1. rwernst

rwernst Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    P1100687 Prius rear door wiring 20.jpg Hmmmm, suddenly/without warning, my 2005 Gen II Prius' left rear door window wouldn't go up or down.

Won't go up or down via door switch, nor driver's door switch, but ALL other windows work fine from doors and driver's door.

Got the panel off without too much trouble. Tested switch with the one from the right door, doesn't work, and left switch on right door works fine so it's not the switch.

Also, there's power at 2 of the connectors to the switch, which seems to be appropriate. Hmmm, haven't checked the right side switch connector for power/ground to compare, I will do that.

After much head scratching and horrible time removing the plastic with that awful black stuff and tearing the plastic a bunch, found that the motor connection is actually at the top right (near hinge). Applied power to those terminals and motor worked up and down fine.

So... what's next? Since the driver's door can also control the windows, where do I find a wiring diagram for that circuit?

And/or what would be wrong? Is there a fuse or relay for JUST the left rear door window? Seems unlikely.

Some circuit that both driver's switch and door switch complete is apparently faulty.

2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You can find wiring diagrams on this site in "The File Library" section.

Have you checked the wiring from the switch to the motor (G and Y wires). It sounds like you have depending on where you applied the 12V. Perhaps a peculiar mating problem between the original switch and the connector.

#2 andrewclaus, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  3. rwernst

rwernst Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm feeling stupid, but can not find "The File Library".

And no wires from switch go directly to the motor. They go into the harness and come out where?

That's why I need the wiring diagram. Since the driver's door master switch doesn't open or close the window, but the motor works when directly powered from 12v, it's something else.

Thanks,

Rich

#3 rwernst, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    at the bottom of the gen 2 forums.

5. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's a snapshot of part of the diagram:
    upload_2017-6-3_6-22-43.png

Attached Files:

6. rwernst

rwernst Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! Found the File LIbrary as well and think I have what I need. Now to dig through it and test, test, test.

Thanks all!

7. Mike Jr.

Mike Jr. New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have the same problem with the driver's door I have replaced the switch panel with 3 different ones also replaced window motor. I tested with a meter power input and output to motor I get nothing. But the other windows work great I don't get it works fine and one day I roll down and that's it won't go up.

8. scott99

scott99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am having problems with the passenger window not moving. I pressed on the window power switch for 5 plus seconds and it worked, but only for a few days. Now it does not work at all. Before that i took out the window regulator and the motor and plug it into the other passenger side and plugged it in and it worked. I replaced the master control for the windows at the drivers side and that did not help.