1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Left Turn Signal Intermittent

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by taxibuddy, Mar 23, 2018.

1. taxibuddy

taxibuddy Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My left turn signal started working intermittently today. When it works, the left front turn signal, the left rear turn signal, and the dash indicator light all work correctly. When it doesn't work, the left front turn signal, the rear left turn signal, and the dash indicator don't work at all.

When the problem is happening, I have tried turning on the hazard lights. Only the right side lights flash and only the dash right indicator flashes.

Any ideas of what could cause this?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    A defective combination meter or, perhaps, an intermittent short to ground on the left turn signal circuit would cause the symptoms you describe.

See the Turn Signal and Hazard Warning Light diagram in the System Circuit section of the Electrical Wiring Diagram, available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Intermittent contact on the turn signal stalk, or does the 4-way/hazard behavior rule that out?

4. taxibuddy

taxibuddy Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It doesn't seem likely that the problem is on the input side since there isn't any common wiring between the turn signal switch and the hazard switch that wouldn't also prevent the right side from working.

What I'd like to do is disconnect the left side output to both indicators to see if the dash light starts working again. Either that or connect the left side indicators to the left side output but unfortunately it's very difficult to get to the wiring. Everything is working ok today so I guess I'll wait until it pops up again.

5. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I only have the 2010 Liftback prints handy, but my guess is the systems are very similar. Good luck.

Attached Files:

6. taxibuddy

taxibuddy Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, the v is a little different. I have the corresponding v diagram. It's physical access to the components that's the difficult part.

7. MarkShellhamer

MarkShellhamer New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm having the same issue but on the right side. Was there a resolution to this issue?