1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Less than an hour home and already someone has dissed my Prius :(

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AJP, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Having driven since the sixties and owned many small cars including VW, Fiat, Corrola etc. The most economical vehicles I drove in th eighties were the SV21 camrys with four cylinder 2litre engine. The best Economy I got was 6 l/100kms mostly around 7.5-8. Yes there was a response to the oil crisis but it didn't last long. :rolleyes:

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear about that LadyJ, but I think I have worse ... day after getting my brand new '09 Prius, I got ribbed in the breakroom by half dozen coworkers for at least 20 minutes ....

"you bought what??? Oh, gawd, how could you? Why didn't you buy a Venza, Vette ... anything but a Prius."

-----

These days, there's still lots of jealousy out there towards Prius. Obviously the car is a huge hit, but the Japanese made it first and only they make it now.
    Lot of people are 'be American, buy American' and don't like foreign cars all too much. But when there's a car as good as Prius and nothing even close to it, you buy a Prius.

3. Jaquimo

Jaquimo Paraglider, Prius glider...

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Below are the four agreements that I made with myself, compliments of Don Miguel Ruiz. By keeping agreement number 2 in mind when listening to other people it is quite often amusing and sometimes very sad to hear other people speak about me or my choices or my Prius. And by taking the other 3 agreements in mind when responding to other people's questions or comments it quite literally can swing their heads!

Enjoy your beautiful and smart car!

The four agreements
    --------------------

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret."

-- Don Miguel Ruiz in The Four Agreements

1 person likes this.