1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let he who is without "sin" cast the first stone..

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by livelychick, Nov 3, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Nov 3 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]343559[/snapback]</div>
    From Wikipedia®:

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]343569[/snapback]</div>
    And so have Catholic priests of the uniate Eastern Rites. I used to double-date with a Catholic priest's daughter. Her dad was a priest of the Ukrainian rite church, fully in communion with Rome. Also, Episcopal priests that elect to enter the Catholic Church may be ordained Catholic priests even though married.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]343455[/snapback]</div>
    100% thank you. :)

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Nov 3 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]343438[/snapback]</div>
    Wonder what body parts were getting the "massage". I can see semantics getting into the picture. Does everyone know what the 'down low' is? "I'm married, I'm not gay. I just have sex with men, er....get a massage."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]343455[/snapback]</div>
    But we can crucify Clinton forever. I don't expect my President to be a saint as long as the country is prosperous and safe. However, I do hold a minister to a higher standard. And I'm sick and tired of the hypocritical holier-than-thous preaching hate while at the same time they're having sex with prostitutes of either gender and/or embezzeling money. They need to get their big fat noses out of politics and mind their own business. This guy has a hotline to the White House but no one cares; they're too obsessed with a stain on Monica's dress.

I expect high morality from a minister. I'm not surprised if a politician cheats on his wife because my expectations from my president deal with national security and a healthy economy. As far as I can tell, what Clinton and Monica did was mutually consentual and didn't endanger the country. So....I really don't care. But this guy has influence with Bush. This guy is trying to pass hate legislation. This is no longer a matter between him and his congregation.

At least Randy "Duke" Cunningham finally grew some balls, confessed, asked forgiveness and made restitution. This guy is going to continue to deny, deny, deny. He'll only change his story and confess as many bits and pieces as can be proven. I didn't buy any drugs. Okay, I bought drugs but I threw them away. What next? I didn't have sex. Okay, I had a massage. Okay, he massage my dick...but it wasn't sex. Man, even Hollywood couldn't write this stuff. What I don't get is the sheeple who still don't see what's wrong with the big picture.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 06:53 PM) [snapback]343553[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly right. Which is why the church should stay out of politics and politics should stay out of the bedroom. None of it is anyone's business.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Nov 3 2006, 07:39 AM) [snapback]343198[/snapback]</div>
    Said the Pot to the Kettle. :)

Funny that this topic should be titled the way it is because just to get in I had to duck a few "cast" stones. :unsure:

Wildkow

p.s. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So even though you left because of the hypocrisy it wasn't a surprise when you found out because the church is full of sinners, correct? Too bad you left, cause the Lord could really use some more people that are bold, outspoken and willing to stand up for what is right and address the hypocrites just a Jesus did. Come on back the fellowship and potlucks are worth it. IMHO :lol: :p

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 3 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]343572[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmmm, pitch? catch? [attachmentid=5595] is there a term for the fan that just likes to watch? LOL! Sorry had to throw that one out so to speak. :p

Wildkow

Attached Files:

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

If you feel a need to be controlled, join a religion.

9. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Exactly.

Republican chickenhawks preaching war from the comfort of their homes.
    Homosexual Republican christians preaching gay hate.

Evangelical sheeple have to understand that their 'moral agendas' are nothing more than repressed projections of their leader's hypocrisies, fears, and insecurities. I can only hope they get a clue, and stay home on election day.

10. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

So True...

In order to justify their behavior, they turn their theories into dogmas, their bylaws into First Principles, their political bosses into Gods and all those who disagree with them into incarnate devils. This idolatrous transformation of the relative into the Absolute and the all too human into the Divine, makes it possible for them to indulge their ugliest passions with a clear conscience and in the certainty that they are working for the Highest Good. And when the current beliefs come, in their turn, to look silly, a new set will be invented, so that the immemorial madness may continue to wear its customary mask of legality, idealism, and true religion. --Aldous Huxley

11. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Aldous Huxley --- now that is a name I have not seen for a while. I read his entire bibliography, around the same time I was reading Orwell. Brilliant men. BTW, their writing was not anti-religion per se, but anti-ideology turned turned into political totalitarianism. Christian fascism was only one shining example.

Too bad their messages did not reach our moronic neo-cons and christian rightards. Never happen, of course, since it would require reading, rather than praying along with their favorite talk radio/tv bigot.

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]343521[/snapback]</div>
    The New Life Church's independent investigative board does:

13. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Obviously, Haggard admitted his guilt to the "sexual sin" to the board behind closed doors. Tomorrow, he'll likely admit the truth to the public.

The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm going to make another prediction; he'll repent and start a new church, stealing thousands of sheeple from the old church.

Nate

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaShark @ Nov 4 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]343767[/snapback]</div>
    Marvellous quote!!! I didn't realize Aldous Huxley was this perceptive. Had it been T.H. Huxley it would not have surprised me.
    When did our government ever protect us from corporations???

15. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaShark @ Nov 4 2006, 08:05 AM) [snapback]343767[/snapback]</div>
    I have to say that somebody from Florida quoting Huxley has substantially improved the offerings on PriusChat from that faraway state. Bravo!

Huxley and C.S. Lewis both had the double misfortune of dying on the same day Kennedy was assasinated so folks usually missed the fact. I remember being very taken by "Antic Hay" in my twenties.

A quote from Lewis that applies here: "Of all bad men, religious bad men are the worst."

16. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Jesus said "and upon this rock I will build my Church" Man has always been "fallen". All of you who are saying that the "church" is hypocritical, do you also say all police are evil if one is, all soldiers are evil if one is, all plumbers are evil if one is, all (fill in the blank) are evil if one is?

Listen to the sound of ignorance.

The title of this thread is appropriate......let he who is without HYPOCRISY cast the first stone.

You don't see any rocks in my hand.....

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Nov 4 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]343941[/snapback]</div>
    Finally! 1000% I didn't think I could do it with out offending someone so I waited and look who showed up! Someone with commonsense and the ability to judge fairly. :)

Wildkow

p.s. He who is without hypocrisy? Who is that? Anyone here? Not me, can anyone on PC say that? Hello, how about you? :unsure:

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Nov 4 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]343941[/snapback]</div>
    Churches, as institutions, are hypocritical, because they profess high principles but their first interest is to amass wealth for themselves. And yet there are many individuals within the churches who are sincere and who live good and noble lives. I do not judge an individual by his membership in a church.

The police force, as an institution is corrupt because it is supposed to protect the people from criminals, but its first priority is to protect the wealthy from the poor. And yet I have heard reliable rumors of individual cops who are honest and do their best to protect all people equally.

As for plumbers, I've never thought of them as anything but working folks, earning a living by practicing a useful skill. I am thankful for plumbers because I am addicted to hot and cold indoor running water.

Note, however, that when a person sets himself up as a moral authority, and as leader of a church issues hateful pronouncements against whole categories of people, based on lifestyle choices that harm nobody, and then that person turns out to be a drug-user and secretly is living the very lifestyle he so vociferously condemns, well, he can hardly be surprised if a few stones are flung his way. I personally am disgusted with Haggart or Haggard (however he spells his name) not for his homosexuality or even his drug use, but for his hate-filled pronouncements.

And by the way, Schmika, may I remind you that in the past you have expressed such contempt and revulsion for drug users that you have said you would go so far as to lie in order to obtain evidence to get them sent to jail.

19. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 5 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback]344072[/snapback]</div>
    You paint with way too broad a brush, as usual.

There are numerous small churches that exist just for their stated purpose and have leaders that live as poorly as their congregants. All churches don't have their headquarters in Rome or own 24 hour a day fund raising channels.

You ever call a plumber on a weekend and notice how his price escalates according to your need? Plumbers are no more moral than any other group. They grab what they can in most cases.

Some people are addicted to hot water, others to chocolate. A number get their fix from Jesus. To each his own.

20. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    And he finally admits the whole thing is true...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4607865

Next, he will repent, and begin the power grab again, this time filled with renewed hate of gays.

Nate