1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let's do it again! Let's hear where you're from!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2003.

1. JeffG

JeffG New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Tax benefits

We could form a Prius PAC, each kick in about a million dollars, spread it around Congress and before you know it we'll get a tax credit instead of a tax deduction.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. JeffG

JeffG New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wait until the kickbacks start coming in. :wink:

4. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Erie, PA

2004 Silver, AM package
    Bought it in Meadville PA since this kind of technology isn't very popular in Erie!!! Falling deeper in love with the car the longer I have it (kind of like what happened with my wife of 26 years!).

Cars in family: 2004 Prius, 2003 Corolla LE, 2004 Corolla S (son), 2001 Echo (son) In 4 years we have gone from all Chrysler to all Toyota - got tired of blown head gaskets, transmissions, etc. Haven't had any service problems with the Toyotas yet!

No mods yet, just switched to Mobil 1 last weekend at 1800 mi.

5. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

Oak Park, Illinois
    Waiting for 04 Silver BC
    00 Taurus

As of 12/31 have been waiting 10 weeks. :x :cry:

No word of allocation yet.

6. ozt

ozt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    San Diego, CA
    My Salsa Red BC will come in two weeks :wink:
    Trying to sell my 99 VW Passat GLS. (No luck. People are busy doing holiday shopping rather than buying a car... except Prius hunters.)

7. rt66cat

rt66cat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Williams, AZ

Car was delivered Dec 31 AM to Tim's Toyota in Prescott,AZ .
    2004 Super White #9 ,they called me and it was serviced PM.
    Drove it home later that day. Have now 375 miles on it Jan1.
    Great car!
    Ordered October 30.

2004 Prius replaced my92 SVX
    2002 Inca Gold Chrysler Prowler.

8. green4evr2003

green4evr2003 New Member

I guess this could be directed to Bryan Foust (and to anyone else who'll listen). I guess a lot of my problems stem from a poor vehicle retention history. Heck, if I were smart I might still be driving my '64 Comet convertible, my '70 Austin America, or my '76 Jeep Cherokee (lots of others, too). My '97 Saturn could probably almost fit into the lemon category except that the failed items all stayed fixed. My '99 Saturn wagon is possibly the worst car I've ever had. So I turned around and bought a 2002 VUE. DUH! Great vehicle so far. Once my '04 Prius replaces my '99 Saturn, maybe I can get on with life and hang onto both vehicles for a long time.

Longest serving vehicle so far: '86 Chevy fullsized van (14 years) great vehicle.

Had an '85 Plymouth Voyager which we traded after 12 years.

Miss 'em both.

Bruce Webster green4evr2003 :D

9. FredWB

FredWB New Member

From San Diego, CA
    2004 Salsa Red, BC, 250 miles so far and love it!

10. dupie61

dupie61 New Member

purchased my 2004 Salsa Red on the first day of the new release, October 15,2003, with package # 3
    I am in Andover,MN. The over-all quality of this car is great othe then the GUESS GAUGE (fuel).
    I traded in a 2001 Buick Century on the Prius. The fit and finish on the Prius is MUCH BETTER then was on the Buick.
    My gas millage is getting better as I put on more miles and have found that using the cruis control more helps me get better millage.

11. steve10brink

steve10brink New Member

Let's do it again

Just picked up a Seaside Pearl. My wife loves it and I'm intrigued.
    Only option we got were the side air bags and rear wiper.

Other cars:

1990 Ford Taurus (trying to sell, anyone interested? :D
    1995 Isuzu Trooper (our "other" car for skiing, pulling tent trailer, etc.)

12. blubrid

blubrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got my '04 Seaside Pearl on 11/18/03. The car is great (although quite a change from my '98 Mazda Millenia). The dealer experience was a bit bumpy, mostly around applying for the Virginia special fuel tag (Maryland Dealership, should know about the rules and regs 15 miles south and over the border, but didn't really).

All in all, though, I feel really fortunate. I waited just over two weeks from order to pickup (never even had to pay a deposit).

Averaging 45 mpg (and it goes up with every refill). Just clicked over 1,000 miles.

13. Eirene

Eirene New Member

Cherry Valley, IL

Ordered a 2004 Seaside Pearl with package #3 11/28 from Libertyville Toyota - estimated delivery March-April 2004. The waiting is hard but I figure it'll give me 4-5 more months to save money for the down payment, and I won't have to break in my new vehicle in the winter.

The rest of the fleet:
    My 1997 Mercury Tracer with 95K miles (repo'd from a daughter who couldn't (read wouldn't) make payments;
    hubby's 1990 Lincoln Town Car;
    and my 1990 Ford F250 pickup for towing the horse trailer.

14. jmeyers

jmeyers New Member

Kensington MD Seaside Pearl

Great Car, Seaside Pearl AM Pkg

800 miles, mostly beltway from Kensington, MD to AOL in Dulles.

Avg around 47-49 mpg in pretty cold DC weather.

Victim of Bladder Effect on two fill-ups, hoping for a software upgrade to address the range of the gas gauge, of course my previous car's gas gauge did not work for 5 years, so this is still way better!

15. mhartley

mhartley New Member

:mrgreen:

Michael Hartley
    Atlanta (Smyrna), GA
    04 Tideland, BC pkg
    Ordered 11/1, picked it up 11/15

Having a blast. I spend almost two hours a day in the car. I added Sirius satellite radio, so now I have all the toys I could ever use. I can control it all from the steering wheel or the Sirius remote control. Averaging 50 mpg after 1300 miles. Unbelievable. I am shocked how little people know about the technology, despite all the press. Every single person I tell about says one of these things: Can it go back and forth to work without recharging? I could never drive such a tiny car. Those small cars aren't safe. By this time next year, when Lexus is selling the same technology, they will finally see the light?

Drove a Lexus LS 400 for 10 years. Best car ever made as far as I am concerned, but couldn't resist the opportunity to do something about pollution. It is exciting to think that I will never drive a conventional ICE again.

16. tag

tag Senior Member

Seems to be an excellent dealership. A salesman there has been keeping in touch with me despite the fact that I ordered from another dealer (Pauly) and have no deposit with Libertyville. No pressure, just asks how things are progressing and tells me to let him know if he can do anything to help.

17. cybele

cybele New Member

Los Angeles Checks In!

I'm in Los Angeles.

I just got the call this weekend (actually, an IM) from Dianne at Carson Toyota that my Tideland BI is here. I ordered in early September and was blessed to be very high on the waiting list for one of the lower-end packages (seems most folks want theirs fully loaded). I was actually very flexible with any package or color, as long as it had the extra airbags, which I think helped me to get it so soon.

I'm replacing a little Subaru Impreza (almost 10 years old) and I'm so excited to have a more fuel efficient car and the statement that this car will make. I'm looking to simplify my life even more and I'm hoping that this in addition to some other water/energy saving stuff we've done in the house this will reduce our footprint on the earth. Next step is to do more telecommuting (though thankfully I live very close to work and when the weather is mild, I will walk the 8 mile round trip) and try to get a garden going in the back yard.

18. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am from Great Neck, NY.
    I am awaiting my 2004 Prius AM-7 package plus floor mats in either Black, Salsa Red or Seaside Pearl (they don't call me PriusDreamer for nothing). Wait time in my area is 6-7 months. Not that I'm getting desperate , but ...

Am replacing a 1987 Camry 5sp. w/133,000. Can't wait for the consummate station car to arrive.

19. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    16 year old car and only 133,000 miles? Come on, that Camry has 100,000 miles left on it! :)

My 92 Paseo had 170,000 when it got rear ended and totalled.

20. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'll tell you, I would drive the car to Fl. tomorrow and not worry. It runs great and I will be really sad to see it go. Both front fenders are rusted thru. Can't see putting that kind of time and money to do body work needed. I really love my Camry and the one downside of my future Prius is I love the 5sp and will miss not wringing thru the gears, but its time.

That said, I really can't wait to get my Prius. The only worry is, as you can see, I keep cars a loooooong time (original Camry owner)) and I wonder the true life expectancy of the battery pack. Oh well time will tell, I just hope Toyota sells so many that the cost of replacement really does get down around $1,000