1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let's do it again! Let's hear where you're from!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Dec 2, 2003.

1. texvegas

texvegas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Silver BI,ordered 10/13...delivered 12/22.I love this car!!!!! 52.3 mpg on I-90 @ 68 mph.Traded a 1998 Subaru Outback. This car is well worth the wait.

2. wasage

wasage Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Fall City, WA (30 miles east of Seattle)

'04 Super White #9, avg. 47 MPG at 2500 miles ... loving it!

Hubby is now commuting in my '01 Camry Solara and we are selling our '95 Saturn SL2 (still a good car at 145,000). We also enjoy parading in a '34 Ford Pickup.

3. lex8star

lex8star New Member

I picked up my Driftwood Pearl AM on Nov. 9th and have over 4,000 trouble free miles averaging only 43 mpg but am mostly on Highway in hilly areas in the Northeast. Other car

1990 Highlander (hope to get a hybrid next year)

Harrisburg, PA

4. chgomatt

chgomatt New Member

Let's hear:
    Where you're from
    You're Prius' information (year, options, color, etc)
    Car you had before you got your Prius

As the name implies, I'm from Chicago;

Ordered Salsa Red Pearl #7 (AM) with floor mats Sept. 6. Still waiting. :(
    Dealer said I was 3rd overall on the list then. Now says I'm next. :?
    Can I really believe that he only delivered 2 Prii in the past 3.75 months? In weekly conversations with dealer I keep hearing that he hasn't "earned" any Prii for his allocation. Getting a little frustrated.........

Currently in a 1990 Plymouth Acclaim that needs tires, breaks, exhaust system, windshield washer pump, burns (or leaks?) 3qts of oil/month but still gets 23+ mpg. Just hope it lasts til a Prius arrives!

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    He could be telling you the truth depending how many Classic Priui he sold - that's what determines a lot of how many allocations a month a dealer gets. Toyota figured they were going to be selling the same amount as they did with the Classic, so they allocated them to the dealerships that had traditionally sold a bunch.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Dianne.

6. sullivka

sullivka New Member

I live in Chelmsford, MA.

I ordered a Seaside Pearl BC on Nov 5th. Still waiting!

It will replace a 97 Honda Civic hatchback. My Honda has gotten 40 mpg over its lifetime (125K) and has been a terrific car, but it's only one step up from Fred Flintstone's car. I'm looking forward to having bells, whistles and power windows!

Karen

7. jsamuels

jsamuels New Member

Arlington Heights, IL

Arlington Heights, IL
    Ordered Salsa Red BC back in October -- but am flexible and currently #6 on "the list". Think there really is one at each dealership?
    Currently drive a Jetti TDI -- 44 smokey mpg

8. Dianne

Dianne New Member

Can I provide a quick nod when you are right? :lol:

9. kcarmstrong

kcarmstrong New Member

From Berkeley, CA

Ordered Salsa Red BC from Toyota of Berkeley on Oct. 21. Was told in early Dec that I would see it before Christmas, now it looks like February. So sad.

Currently driving a '92 Ford Mustang LX convertible. Have no stereo (stolen) or air conditioner (broken) for my hour+ drive to and from work right now and get tears in my eyes every time I drive by an '04 Prius.

10. lzahirsky

lzahirsky New Member

Linda Zahirsky, Canal Fulton, Ohio (NE area) Silver AM package, arrived 10/31/03 3111 miles

Beautiful car to drive. I sold my '96 Volkswagon Jetta and gave away my 1994 Buick Park Ave to get this car.

11. farmwrecker

farmwrecker New Member

Where, etc

I'm from Columbus Ohio.

I ordered a Driftwood BC on 10/30/2003, still waiting.

Sold my Mercedes Benz 300D-Turbo (365,000 miles, 35MPG). Currently sharing my wife's Saturn until the new car gets here (if ever).

I was theoretically first on my dealer's list....theoretically, that is....

12. rdoucette

rdoucette New Member

San Antonio, Texas
    Awaiting :( Millennium Silver AI
    Currently drive: '96 Honda Odyssey minivan

I'm on two lists. #48 here in San Antonio; probably won't get one here till the '05 model year. I'm #2 at a dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Hoping that they come through pretty soon. Will sell/trade the Odyssey. Getting 20-21 mpg now; looking forward to getting 2.5 times the mileage and almost no pollutants. The local dealer is tired of me showing up to just sit in and poke around their TRAC car! :wink:

13. olends

olends New Member

hi i'm Stephen, Resident Prius lover and poor college student.

i dont own a prius, but i would love to. maybe in a couple of years, after i get my bachelors.

currently drivng
    1992 Pontiac Bonneville
    118062 miles
    Abs system is gone.
    A/c is out of freon (yes it still runs on freon... its that old)
    round about 20 miles to the gallon.

i have only seen 1 wild 04.
    i still freek out when i see classics drving around here.

oh and here is Clifton Park, NY.
    that 20 miles north of albany.
    and albany is about 150 north of NYC.

14. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

:D Hello, I just joined this forum. I got my 2004 Salsa Red Prius with Pkg #3 and floor mats on Dec. 24. I live in Denver, Colorado. Traded in my 110,000 1993 Subaru Legacy for the Prius. Just had the car for a week, but I LOVE it!

15. funpilot

funpilot Junior Member

Dual status

I live in Virginia but work in NY. I keep my Prius in the Bronx. Got mine at the end of October. It is silver, BC. I will be getting the XM radio...only question is from whom.....

16. KathyY

KathyY Member

Severn, MD
    My car is the Seaside Pearl '04 BC with floor mats and cargo net, received on Nov. 22--ordered in Aug. (not a Pioneer). I drove the '95 Taurus before but gave it to my daughter. My husband drives the '02 Silver Prius, also fully loaded.

Kathy in MD
    '02 Silver, '04 Seaside

17. wwblues

wwblues New Member

18. terkar

terkar New Member

Flat Rock, North Carolina

Ordered my Salsa Red Pearl mid September, picked it up 15 Dec. Well worth the wait. Considered the VW TDI but....the Prius is awesome. Just under 1,000 miles 51mpg avg including a return trip from Atlanta at 70mph. Have experienced all green battery and true stealth at 46mph+

19. terkar

terkar New Member

Flat Rock, NC

Forgot, am keeping my 94 Explorer - 153,000 trouble free miles. Love this car to. Great to haul all the dirty stuff and save the Prius in mud & snow. Hey I'm 6'2" SUVs are not all bad.

If American mfgs would only make a small car for us tall folks you would see SUV sales plummet.

20. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm from San Diego, and I'm looking for a Salsa Red #7 (gotta go to Northern California since San Diego doesn't get #7).

I currently have a '91 Camry DX (Medium Red Pearl--can you tell I like red cars?!?) with 231,000 wonderful miles on it. It still runs like a top, so I have absolutely no justification for getting a Prius, exept that IT'S SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!