1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Let's recognize good service

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by LeadingEdgeBoomer, Feb 9, 2011.

1. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If this is the wrong forum, a wise person will place it properly.

Let's try a thread wherein we applaud good service from a dealer or department or other vendor or independent repair shop or … you get the idea.

I will start. As part of armoring my long-term investment, I ordered body-color door edge guards from toyotapartsoutlet.com on January 11. I received the shipment promptly, but I got silver instead of the winter gray that I need. I called their 888 number, and it turns out that the website connects to Town & Country Toyota in Charlotte, NC.

I spoke with Billy Ruhff in Parts there. He said the printout that they get is not always complete (so if you order something in a particular color, call instead of using the web page). He said he would order the right color, the set would go out the next day, and it would include a prepaid UPS label to return the original set. No restocking fee, no shipment charge I would have to pay.

Weather delayed the shipment some, but it arrived today as promised. The return package will go out to them tomorrow. I have the installation instructions and positioning templates, thanks to another post, and I even have the small rubber/plastic mallet. The weekend looks like nice weather, so I hope to get to it.

So: Kudos to Billy Ruhff at Town & Country Toyota in Charlotte, NC.

UPDATE: Installed the edge moldings today, 2/13. Using the cut-out templates that came with the instructions, and a rubber mallet as required, each one only takes a couple of minutes. Color matched so they pretty-much disappear.

To get the instructions, see post #5 at this thread:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...s-2010-oem-door-edge-guards-instructions.html

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good report!

Kudos to Billy Ruhff (Rhuff?) at Town & Country Toyota in Charlotte, NC!!!

3. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Had a similar experience with WeatherTech.com
    Wanted to add a set of wind deflectors for my wifes Honda element
    Called up and the order had shipped!! No problem she said will get you out a set and wave the shipping,What!!Now thats customer service!
    Got the set for my Toyota today,They look mint.Got the dark smoke!
    Thanks to all the good people at WeatherTech
    link:
    WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Side Window Deflectors - 2010 Toyota Prius - WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors, Vents, Rain Guards, Wind Deflectors

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sometimes, my shoes from zappos get her before i order them.

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Had 2 good experiences with Daytona Toyota in Daytona Beach, Fl. Last fall when we were down to Daytona for a few weeks I got a slow leak in one of my rear tires. Not knowing where to go in case it wound up being a warranty issue with my Yokohamma tires I called Daytona Toyota. Long story short they plugged the tire very quickly, cost $13 no fuss or muss. Last month I went there for an oil change, cost $10 less than at my home dealer, they didn't try to talk me into any extras.

6. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Manhattan Beach Toyota - Didn't buy the car from here because the color/package was not in stock (and I needed a car asap), but now that I live nearby I have been getting my pre-paid maintenance done here (10k, 15k, 20k). Flat out awesome service dept, customer lounge is ok, could be a little bit livelier, but overall always a positive experience. And of course we know who works here that gets tons of sales from PC.... :)