1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Letter to Ann Coulter's mother

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jun 12 2006, 08:20 PM) [snapback]270336[/snapback]</div>
    But she is quite smart and has wit as cutting as a razor, so why these types of comments and statements? Baffling in my view. :huh:

2. wstander

wstander New Member

"I haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't dream of commenting on the actual
    book. But, there is one thing that really disturbs me and that's her
    diatribe against four New Jersey women whom she dubs "The Witches of East
    Brunswick" whose husbands died in the 9-11 terrorist attacks."

Hmmm.

Interesting how all of those who have not read a book for themselves can attest with such vitriole.

This is the first Ann Coulter book that I have bought. I have yet to read it. Perhaps I will this weekend. BTW: the book is 1.5" thick (hardcover) and the oft-quoted passages are but only a few short paragraghs.

I wonder what my literature professors would think if I wrote a book report based only upon 3 paragraphs of chapter 5 of "The Octopus" or a review of VP Gore's book "Earth in the Balance", based upon a review in IMDB?

Have any of YOU read her book?

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

"Have any of YOU read her book?"

Good point. No one should comment on a book who has not read it. I have not read it and have no intention of doing so. There are many books and few hours in which to read them. Everyone must therefore decide how to allocate their time, which is a limited resource. This is normal, and healthy. We are attracted to certain things and repelled by others. I read many more book reviews than books. You are right in saying it is ridiculous to judge a book until you read the whole of it. I look forward to reading your review (hopefully not more than 200 words - just the executive summary, thank you)