1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus donut spare?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by bielinsk, Jun 19, 2012.

1. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Wife has a 2009 lexus is 250, rather sure that has a small spare.

I normally wouldn't worry about it, but we are going to be going to Vegas and San Fran later this year, and with a 6 month old in the car, I would rather not get stranded.

Anyone know if I could take the donut from the IS 250 and toss it in the back for emergencies? Will if fit on the PiP?

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You need to check the tire size on your Lexus. The road wheels may be 17 or 18 inch, depending on whether you have a sport package, etc. The PiP uses a 15" road wheel, and the donut spare from 2010-2112 regular hatchback Prius will fit. They are available from auto dismantlers and others who deal in used parts, or probably at a dear cost from your Toyota dealer. Some posters here have found them online. See the thread "No Spare Tire" for more info. on the second page of this forum. The tire size you need is 135/80/16. It changed from the Gen II size, so make sure they give you the right one. There is a strap in one of the cargo underfloor compartments to use to tie it to the fixed rings in the cargo area to make it safe. Mine cost $160 delivered to the dismantler's yard, and had never been used.
    Edit: I'm just making a guess, but the difference in size from 15" to 16" is because the spare tire itself is smaller than a regular tire. I apolgize for the error on the road wheel size.:oops:

bielinsk likes this.
  3. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I managed to find a seller on eBay who was selling an entire set of PiP tires and wheels, I bought it and am selling of 3 of the wheels/tires to local Boston PiP owners. The same seller has full sized wheel/tire combos from 2010/11 Priu, for about $200 shipped. The wheel design is a little different, but it will fit on the PiP.

Note: he seems to have sold the tire/wheel combo he had, he still has wheels for the 2012 Prius, you will need to get your own tire and get it mounted:

2012 TOYOTA PRIUS ALLOY RIM/WHEEL 15" | eBay

4. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

For sure, the answer is No. The IS250/350 use a 5x4.5 (or 5x114.3mm) bolt pattern. The Pip needs a 5x100 bolt pattern.

bielinsk likes this.