Lexus EV conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by hkmb, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Efficiency isn't going to help if you don't have the range to get where you are going. Then the grippier tires the UX might need will likely reduce its efficiency.

Now, 150+ miles is plenty for daily use, but it likely means many will need to install a Level 2 EVSE. I would with my 60 mile round trip commute. While over 200 miles can put off getting the faster EVSE, even if Level 1 doesn't fully replenish a days use overnight.

Not familiar with working in pounds, but the price difference seems fair. You are getting AWD, better performance, and longer range with the Volvo's higher price. It starts at $55,300 with 208 mile EPA range in the US. I might find the seats alone worth the extra cost.

hkmb and hill like this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe they have to seriously limit EV R&D, due to funneling tons of all their dough into hydrogen highway's dead end?
    just a guess
    ;)

3. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I completely agree. I just thought I'd mention it since John was saying it might be Toyota's focus. But it does seem kind of pointless with so little battery capacity.

Yes, the Volvo seems like much better value than the Lexus. And that's extraordinary, because the Volvo looks like terrible value compared to German, American and Korean competition.

I agree with you on the seats. Volvo seats really are lovely.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Whoever was driving the Volvo did better than the EPA 85mpge with 92mpge. The UX returned 105mpge. If that driver was besting the EPA, to UX will have a poor showing on the EPA.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are more than one thread here on PC over the past couple decades,bof others that have installed, giving step by step, how to change out the prius seats to Volvo seats - keeping the airbags intact and all
    [​IMG]