1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus EV Wishlist

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by drash, Oct 29, 2019.

1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder If we can start a Wish list for the 2021 Lexus EV (UX300e - maybe). Not sure if @"Prius Team" wants this or if they can pass it along.

1. Hopefully you are the first in the Toyota family with a US bound DCFC (probably but hedging my bets) capability. Minimum 150kW.
    2. On your Navigation maps could you list destination and include topographical related extra usage in kWh (and/or % of battery use) as well as miles. Include a round trip with destination that doesn't guide me so much as keep me informed (like the road you are taking doesn't have chargers and you are x miles from a DCFC (or home)).
    3. If I'm at a DCFC, could you estimate the amount of time to charge enough to get me home. I don't want to sit at a charger for an hour when all I want is enough to get me home. I can probably calculate it in my head, but my wife.......not so much.
    4. AWD
    5. No wheel covers
    6. Heated windshield, heated sunroof
    7. If it has the same packages as the standard UX250h and NX300h then I can expect heated and ventilated seats, memory for seats and mirrors, heated steering wheel, Homelink, HUD, etc. It'll probably have the same run flat tires as the UX250h.
    8. Minimum EV distance 175 miles
    9. Keep the wheel size down to 17" or 18".
    10. Fresh air fan only option in the HVAC system. Not necessary to energize an entire system just so I can get the fans to bring in fresh air.
    11. No EV whine please. No manufactured sounds either.
    12. Have a battery cooling/heating option I can permanently enable, especially if I'm hooked up to the house EVSE or any charger.
    13. Keep track of an estimate of the amount of electricity I stored into my battery from any source, not what I pulled from the wall.
    14. I don't need a drone.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why not Just buy a Tesla Model 3 and save money and time waiting for 2022 to buy a Lexus? As far as I've read, but haven't directly experienced, Tesla already has everything on the list above?