1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lexus RES+ installed on my CT

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by Raidin, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the RES+ system installed a few weeks ago. It works as advertised. I love how I can see where my car is at any time. Just wish the car would stay running after opening the door.

Part was $770~, labor was about $500~.

One thing that you may not be aware of when getting an RES+ system is that the dealer will install two small antenna on the top of the passenger side of the windshield. I'm trying to get a hold of my dealer to find out if this location is absolutely necessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look up the RES+ app in the app store for your phone, you will find screenshots of the app there. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the system.

This is the official site for RES+: http://www.lexusresplus.com

2. N.J.PRIUS

N.J.PRIUS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was looking at the new 2015 Lexus Remote App being demonstrated. Very impressive.
    Lexus Enform
    On most of the 2015 Lexus vehicles: IS, GS, LS, RC, RC F and navigation equipped ES & NX.

Besides the features Raidin mentioned above, I was particularly impressed with the fact that it would show you a readout of how many miles left in your fuel tank and also a provision to limit speed to a guest driver, valet, etc. This included miles limit, area limit, time limit and curfew limit!

Possibly this technology from Lexus will filter down to Toyota and will be in the next gen. Prius. The app for your smartphone for Lexus buyers comes free and is available for one year and is then a monthly or yearly charge.

3. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool! Sounds a lot like Ford's MyKey which lets you make certain restrictions on how the car and audio system behaves per key. Looks like I missed it by one year.

I called my dealer today about the antennas. They said they need to be on the windshield, but they could move them to the rear glass. Problem is, it's more than double the labor to run the wiring underneath the floor carpetting (which means ripping it out of course).

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Don't see why it can't be on any of the newer models coming out now. OnStar has a remote link app for nearly all the GM models. It's just that you have to have a OnStar subscription for it. Tesla has it, and I think the PPI has, a maybe limited, version also.

5. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    RES+ isn't available on 2015s or above because they use Lexus Enform instead, which now includes all of the RES+ features.

I believe most 2015s and above will come with the hardware installed from the factory.

6. Raidin

Raidin Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Update:

While the position of the antenna isn't absolutely necessary, the location is what is manufacturer recommended, according to the dealer.