1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Libby found guilty

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MegansPrius, Mar 6, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 8 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]402587[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, so you want us to believe that the Indians just gave us all their land and then laid down and died so that we wouldn't have to feel bad about it all?

Both physical and cultural genocide were the official policies of the U.S. government for a very long time, and except for Manhattan, which was purchased with $23 worth of junk jewelry (in effect counterfeit Indian money) we stole the rest of what is now America.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

From the Washington Post:

Dana Milbank was on Bill Maher's show on HBO tonight which doesn't have the restrictions on language that the Post does- the deleted expletive rhymes with "duck".

Harriet Grant is a Democrat and and a high-powered Washington lawyer. I'm assuming that by " 'em" she was referring to Cheney and the Bush administration. Perhaps a sign that "Scooter" won't just roll over and be the fall guy for "Shooter".

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Gee, I figured the show was pretty much over now. But maybe its just getting started.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 9 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]403224[/snapback]</div>
    Grant may be a "high-powered lawyer," but her desire to "get" Bush and Cheney is unlikely to come to anything. It is very hard to "get" people in high places. They have many resources to shield themselves, including, but not limited to, bribery and violence. Everyone already knows that B & C were behind the whole affair. Grant's task is not to bring the information to light. Her task is to get the political machine to act upon that information. And when the target of such action is the very pinnacle of political power, that's extraordinarily hard to do, as even the opposition is afraid of the effects on the system itself of exposing the fact that the President is a criminal, because that "looks bad" for the prestige of the country. They'll want to preserve the "dignity" of the office even when they hate the man. They impeached Clinton only because it looked really bad already for the president to be getting blowjobs. I wish Harriet Grant well, but she'll be frustrated by the power structure on both sides of the aisle.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I agree with Daniel. Remember a few months ago when footage came out showing that Mike "Heckuva Job" Brownie actually DID warn everybody that New Orleans is in danger and El Presidente just ignored him? People should have been getting out the pitchforks and torches and assembling on mass towards the White House; the actual outcome was "Yawn, Katrina was so last year. What's happening on American Idol?"

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 10 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]403355[/snapback]</div>
    Okay, six words I never thought I'd be typing:
    I wish Bush was getting blowjobs.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Mar 11 2007, 12:06 AM) [snapback]403611[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]