1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Libby Sentenced to 30 Months in Prison, Fined $250K

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by PriusRos, Jun 5, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jun 6 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]456590[/snapback]</div>
    Thwere is much more to this story than the outing of a covert CIA agent- that alone is both a criminal and treasonous act. The far greater misdeed here is the cover-up of how and why we really got into the Iraq war. Many questions- what was Dick Cheney's role, what were Libby and CHeney so desperately trying to conceal that they had to discredit Joe Wilson, etc., remain unanswered in part because of Libby's obstruction. So the "crime" is actualy more significant that just a singular murder.

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 6 2007, 12:30 PM) [snapback]456601[/snapback]</div>
    I can't disagree with you there, but again, I don't see why Libby should carry the weight for all those wrongdoings.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jun 6 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]456609[/snapback]</div>
    I am still confused by this whole mess:

Fitzgerald was empowered to investigate what?
    He got a conviction of Libby on what account(s)?

4. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    First of all it would be nice if you, daronspicher, learned how to spell "lieing" is spelled lying. Second, politicians, no matter which party they belong to will never learn that the cover-up and lying about it is why you get caught, not the initial deed. If he had let Cheney or who ever ordered and outed Plame go down for it he would still be in his office instead of some one's play thing in prision. If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

5. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jun 6 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]456590[/snapback]</div>
    They cant prove guilt because Libby and others in the White House are obstructing justice. That does not equate to no crime being committed.

6. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    PriusRos,

If you are upset that Libby took all the punishment it is b/c Bush and Cheney set him up/threw him under the bus/sacrificial lamb/took one for the team whatever you want to call it. The real issue was was outing a CIA agent just for politicla retaliation. The Wilson's did more than Tenet should have done and look how they were treated. Wonder why the CIA did not resist being manipulated by the White House? Well this Libby case shows that the White House was willing to take anybody down. And they got away with it except for Libby.

So don't be mad at the judge, be mad at the White House.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]456621[/snapback]</div>
    The same question can be asked about Kenneth W. Starr.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 6 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]456646[/snapback]</div>
    Again, please tell me what Libby was convicted of and what Fitzgerald was charged with investigating.

Please dont obfuscate. Seriously, I am really confused here. 30 months and $250k for what?

thanks

and then you can remind me what Star got convictions on and what he was empowered to investigate - so long ago...

9. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    and what about

Sandy Burglar, I mean Berger.

Didn't he actually steal a bunch of documents out of the national archives!

Yeah, the documents accidentally fell into his pants and socks!

10. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]456650[/snapback]</div>

Fitzgerald was charged to investigate how the CIA agent identity was leaked. He could not find out the truth due to obstruction of justice by Libby. Libby was charged with obstruction of justice. He was punished with 30 months and 250K for preventing you, me and evryone else from kowing the truth of how the CIA agtent was leaked. Remember when Bush said he wanted to know who did it and whoever was responsible should be punished? Well Libby was as close as it got and he took the hit. It would be much easier if Bush or Cheney would just tell us what happened. If this case doesn't make you get mad at the White House or the fact that four years into Iraq the troops don't have bomb proof vehicle (way to support the Troops Bush) then your name must be Dick Cheney.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Jun 6 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]456694[/snapback]</div>
    what was libby convicted of?
    did libby out the cia official?

please stick the questions please - keep answers short if possible - i have a headache today and the extra reading is tough. thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Jun 6 2007, 02:42 PM) [snapback]456688[/snapback]</div>
    this does not make sense to me either. the jusitice dept is letting him off scott free. no sense. what did he take and why? i think ALL americans would be interested in that info.

why no outrage in this case??

12. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 6 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]456703[/snapback]</div>

Libby was convicted of OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE.

Dick Armitage was the primary source to Novak.

Fitzgerald was not able to uncover the truth of what happened due inpart to Libby.

Berger case pales in comparison to outing a CIA agent, it affects more than just the individual agent.

Bottom line is all this Bush loyalty stuff is crap. It was republican musical chairs for who took the hit. Only conclusion is that it all stinks.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Jun 6 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]456711[/snapback]</div>
    seems like a big penalty for a small fish in my opinion.

and i do not like to compare cases, but as someone brought up a little earlier, sandy burger admits to STEALING sensitive one of a kind documents and gets off without more than a slap on the wrist - makes no sense to me at all.

anyway, back to the real world.

14. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Made a couple corrections in previous post.