1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Liberal or Conservative

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Devil's Advocate, Feb 26, 2007.

?
  1. Liberal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Conservative

100.0%
  1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You MUST choose one, and be honest, this is for posterity!

This was prompted by a yet un-named PC poster making some claims that I wanted to confirm or disprove.

I want this poll to be simple so pick the closest to your beliefs.

Just to clarify those that want more options, use these examples as a guideline:
    Libertarians, Neo-Nazis and fascists should choose "Conservative"; and Greens, Communists, Anarchists should choose "Liberal"

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wish there was a "social liberal, fiscal conservative" option.

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Facism and Nazi's have nothing to do with being Conservative.

With that said, I'm a registered Libertartian.. so.. Conservative.

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I know the examples are not perfect and there could be more options but I wanted it simple. Maybe after a week I'll put up a more detailed poll.

5. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am conservative, in the context of "least cost, end use" or long term. Not a "least cost, first use" Neocon. It is terrible how the terms have been coöpted and perverted to the point where they are meaningless.

A true conservative follows Promethian ethics, always asking, "And then what?" Meaning, what are the consequences, who has responsibility, what are the ramifications.

6. sharkmeister

sharkmeister Junior Member

What if you're a Whig? Free Silver!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Feb 26 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]396894[/snapback]</div>

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What do you do with Liberal Republicans and Conservative Democrats?

8. sharkmeister

Seriously, I would guess that MOST Prius owners are politically liberal, while most monster SUV types are politically conservative.

Politics aside, how can you be more conservative than conserving? Conserving limited resources may have once been a conservative value, but the pave the earth approach has supplanted that.

Conserving the awesome natural beauty of the land may have once been a conservative value, again, no longer.

If conservatives were a little less hypocritical, they might notice that SUVs fund terrorism. They might even notice that Bandar Bush and his Sunni Saudi friends are funding the Sunni side in the Iraqi civil war.

For all that right wing politicos are drooling for a reason to attack Iran, the Shiites have every reason to support a peaceful Iraq where they completely dominate the nation on the strength of numbers.

The occupation has been botched so badly that it is difficult to believe it is not deliberate. Hey, are the oil companies making record profits lately? Wow, who could have foreseen that??

Are good Americans dying because there's profit in their deaths for big oil and Bush's Saudi friends? Probably.

9. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Feb 26 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]396904[/snapback]</div>
    I'm a registered Liberatian..so..Liberal! Actually, I'm pretty contrarian. When I'm around conservatives I talk about legalizing drugs. Around liberals, I talk about cutting welfare.

10. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Geeeeez, you guys just answer the question, if you lean more to the right choose conservative and to the left choose Liberal. Its not rocket science. <_<

Wildkow

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sharkmeister @ Feb 26 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]396938[/snapback]</div>
    :huh: Hmmmm, I see a flaw in your theory..... Most of your elected Senetors & congress men/women, including Clinton drive those MONSTER Chevy Tahoe SUVs.. Must be the special deals chevy offers to Goverment officials... :rolleyes:

But then again some of those ( whats Rush said in the past) The Big Bad killer SUVs have a varible cylider system that switches from 8cyl's to 6cyl's to 4cyl's.. For that on demand stuff... B)

As for the Saudis, dig deep you'll find they've been almost every presidents friend... ;)

I also find many Dems here in Fla, drive those big gas guzzling sedans.. :mellow:

So one can't really make the assumtion of what party they're for by what they drive.. :)

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Is there a point to this poll?

13. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am a conservative liberal.

14. sharkmeister

Yeah, the thing that I once liked about Republicans/Conservatives is that they used to believe in not spending more than you take in.

Believe it or not, they also used to defend the rights of the general populace from government intrusions.

I don't know where those guys went, the current bunch is spend-happy and has the NSA tapping everyone's phones.

Ironically, if you look at the problems faced by the FBI and CIA in the days before 9/11, they mostly stemmed from having more info than they could analyze. I wonder if adding all of our phone conversations to their "inbox" is making them better able stop Al Qaeda. I mean you would think that less information of higher quality would be the solution, such as a genuine large scale HUMINT program might provide. High-rez satellite photos just don't tell you enough about what people are thinking.

The old time Republicans also had a respectable competence in matters of national security.

It's as if someone deliberately took everything likable about the Repubs and killed it off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 26 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]396897[/snapback]</div>

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I voted Conservative, since I consider myself sort of mainstream middle-of-the-road, somewhere between Noam Chomsky and Susan Sarandon.

16. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 26 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]396897[/snapback]</div>
    Don't we all. I'd vote for that party in a heartbeat.

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Feb, 07:41 PM) [snapback]397042[/snapback]</div>
    You can. It's called the Democratic Party.

18. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 26 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]397044[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!! Even I don't buy that! I certainly don't think they're the tax & spend bunch that the conservatives do...at least they're not much worse about that than the repubs, but they're hardly fiscally conservative.

19. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 26 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]397047[/snapback]</div>
    Well, if you look at the numbers for the last 35 years or so, then you can make an excellent case for the Democrats being the party of fiscal conservancy.

[​IMG]

20. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 26 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]396981[/snapback]</div>
    I am a liberal conservative.