1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

liftgate switch fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jasca, Dec 21, 2020.

1. jasca

jasca New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey there,
    I recently replaced the liftgate panel on my 2008 prius. While I was at it I replaced the liftgate button cover since the old rubber was quite degraded. Everything worked fine before the replacement. While it was off, I cleaned all the degraded, sticky rubber from the liftgate release button. After reinstalling, it doesn't work.
    Wires are in good condition. Connections are in order. License plate lights work. Backup camera works.
    Not sure why the liftgate switch would just quit. Trying to troubleshoot fuses but the fuse for the liftgate switch/button is not made apparent anywhere in the manual and I can't find anything on the internet - bizarre. I tested the female end of the liftgate switch connector with a multimeter and I'm not getting juice.
    I'll buy/install a new switch if necessary but I don't want to do that to find out it's just a blown fuse, etc. How can I troubleshoot before spending the money on a new switch? Does anyone know which fuse this is?
    Thanks!

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. jasca

jasca New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks. I checked both of those fuses. They are good. As it turns out, the battery was dead. I might have left my lights on coincidentally. Not sure. Once the battery was fully charged the liftgate latch switch worked.
    Thanks for the pointers!