Lifting a Prius c?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Jul 9, 2018.

1. NyQuil

NyQuil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Oh, I just saw that the old post mentioned something about a trailer.

I've hauled at most 1000lbs and got good milage on the highway (mid 30's I think?). Keep your acceleration and deceleration long and slow and you'll be fine

2. topshot

topshot Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That's pretty surprising from what others with larger tires have written. Those tires should be significantly heavier than OEM.

Anyway, did you lift just for snow or to travel rough roads? I was recently at a trailhead that several full-size Prii had attained (in presumably dry weather), but I wouldn't take my baby there - shorter wheelbase and no underside battery cable protection make rocky roads a no-go for her. Maybe when I have another 100K on her. ;)

3. NyQuil

NyQuil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    On paper it's heavier and should have an impact (actually was a bit cheaper than oem tires xD) but I see this arm chair speculation a lot and really wonder just how much of is just speculation. Traffic, include be, and just how people drive have such a way bigger impact that I feel that things like tires, roof racks, lift kits, is just mole hills. Hills to be sure...but mole hills.

Lifted for clearance and look. The larger tires required the lift too (driving without them has been tedious)

4. champion510

champion510 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you already post the pics of your upgrade?
    I'd love to see how your ride looks now.