1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Light-bar upgrade for LE and SE

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Gokhan, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I drove behind a gray Gen 5 LE for a long time last night.

Conclusion: It looks like the tailight bulb burned out. It is an awful, awful design by Toyota. Why would you put a taillight lens without a bulb inside? It has no reflectors; so, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Eventually, I passed it, and the headlight design is equally awful. There are no yellow marker lights or accent lights visible from the front and the headlights look tiny, barely visible to other drivers. In contrast, the quad LED headlamps on my 2021 Prius Prime Limited are simply beautiful, and I have yellow marker lights visible from the front, accent LED lights, as well as driving/fog lamps. I have so many lights that when I am behind someone, it scares them, which should be the way it is for best visibility.

Why spend so much effort in designing an elegant shell but completely ruin the taillight and headlight design?

2. Zeromus

Zeromus Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    To try and get us to buy upper trims for another 5-6k ;D

FWIW at least while driving the headlamps feel plenty bright and the turn signals are very visible. But yeah upper trims do have prettier versions.

Maybe far into the future if/when the lamps get gross and burn out they get swapped XD

Gokhan likes this.