1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lighting Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by zigzampow, Nov 14, 2015.

1. zigzampow

zigzampow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    First, I apologize if this has been covered but I don't know the term for these lights. I have a 2012 Prius and I've been having some lighting issues.

The lights on the lower bumper, beneath the signal... the ones that are white in color... no longer turn on under any setting. I've checked the fuses I was able to find (is any one else missing the HL LO fuses entirely?) but didn't see any of them with any issues.

• What is the CORRECT name for these lights? So I can stop searching for context through this place?
    • I believe these are LED, so the chances of BOTH sides going out are slim... right?
    • I was looking in the manual to figure out specifically when these lights turn on... and my signal switch isn't a Type A, B, or C from the manual. WTH?
    Again, sorry if this has been covered, I really have no idea what these lights are called so searching is difficult. If anyone needs pictures I can provide them later.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They're LED DRLs. The only way to turn them off is to have the headlight stalk in DRL OFF setting.

Otherwise, it might be a fuse that's blown.

zigzampow likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could they be aftermarket?

4. zigzampow

zigzampow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not aftermarket. Bought the car new in 2012. Speakers are aftermarket but I've already had the audio guys triple check that their work... Oddly enough I was driving today and the turned on. I didn't touch a thing. So I'm guessing bad connection.

Nexus 6 ?