1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lightweight rotors?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by a_gray_prius, Jun 26, 2014.

1. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    yeah mine looked like that. maybe a little worse cause its an '04. how much those wheels weigh? I wish I could afford something like that....

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With my last set of tires (Yokohama AD08 205/55/16 tires), the wheel and tire combination weigh 32 lbs. The rim alone weighs 10.8 lbs, compared to 16.3lbs for the stock 16". I also have the RAYS Engineering duralumin lugnuts installed, which save a little bit more weight over stock.

When replaced yours, did you check the rears? Did they have to be replaced as well?

#22 a_gray_prius, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Those rotors look like they need replacing. Man those are light! I'm looking at 17" Enkeis but they are nowhere near that light. Bolt pattern is different for the v. (Anyways, don't have too much of a budget at the moment...)

SCH-R530M ?

Daves09prius likes this.
  4. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the rear drums were fine. the shoes got changed at like 100k (can't remember exactly) not because they were worn out but they were dry rotten or something. perhaps the 1st owner had them serviced at a shlock shop and they sprayed them down with the wrong chemical because I was getting horrible noises from the rear-- it sounded like they were metal to metal. when I compared the new Toyota shoes to the old shoes, the old ones were only slightly worn, but they were discolored. so I replaced the shoes, didn't machine the drums, and they've been perfect ever since.

so tell us again what rims you have and how much they cost? I'd love some light-weight 16" rims, if I could afford them...

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius v looks really good slammed. Take a look at the RPF1s - quite light for 17s, and good looking. I see them on a ton of cars.
    Enkei Racing RPF1 Bright Silver Paint

I have the Volk Racing CE28N Eco Drive in 16x6: Volk Racing CE28N wheels from Upgrade Motoring

In total, I think the rims were like $3000, and the tires were another $600.

They're now discontinued.

I remember that Motegi Traklites were in the same weight range, but I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that they were quite a but cheaper though.

Daves09prius likes this.
  6. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    looks like i'll be stickin with oe wheels...