1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lightweight subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mmoncur, Jun 12, 2007.

1. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jun 21 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]465776[/snapback]</div>
    Not hooked up yet. Still waiting for a few more parts to arrive (amps etc.) so that
    I can get all the wiring done in one rip-out session. Hopefully this weekend or next.

I might just bring it to a shop and let them have at it. Gettin' too old for this.. :D

2. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

ok! i was just looking for info on subs and saw your thread... and thought you forgot about us!!!!

WAIT! you're doing an amp, too????? i was looking for info/hoping to find where you could just add a sub with no amp!

:huh: :eek:

i don't want to use up our whole "trunk" with stereo stuff.... i just want to boost the inadequate stereo some (and i'm NOT an audophile!)

ok.... i'm still interested in your pics and install, though! (and how the baby bass sounds!)

3. zenMachine

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Long story, actually. I didn't originally intend to go all out, but the local Tweeters were closing down and had a bunch of really nice equipment for sale at 50%-70% off. Needless to say, I was tempted.

Found some JL ZR650 speakers and a DSP unit for cheap. So I thought I might as well get a JL amp and SSI unit to round out the kit. Expensive hobby, no doubt.

If everything goes as planned the 4-channel JL amp will be the only big item in the hatch box. The DSP and SSI will be under the passenger seat while the "baby bass" (I love that term) will be right under my you-know-whut.

4. zenMachine

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Some photos.

1. Normal driver seat position

[attachmentid=9096]

2. Driver seat all the way forward

[attachmentid=9097]

Attached Files:

5. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

oh that bass is SOOOOO cute!

ok..... so i can have a bass without an amplifier and bunch of other stuff? (not that hubby would mind... he likes loud, good sounding stereos!)

hmmmmmmm i think we have to find another place for one, though.... because i believe i have something under both seats? i'm gonna go look...................

back... yeppers.... a little black box under each seat :unsure:

6. zenMachine

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jun 21 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]465976[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm.. that's a new one for me. Never thought a subwoofer could be cute.
    Although I must admit it color-coordinates with the Weathertech mat pretty well! :)

I'm pretty sure that's possible.

You have pkg #7 w/ Nav, correct? That must be the GPS unit then.
    If it's not too big, I wonder if it could easily be relocated to the passenger side.

7. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Jun 21 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]466045[/snapback]</div>
    i have something under the passenger seat already (i assume something to do with the JBL stereo?)

and yes.... that subwoofer is adorable AND i like how it matches the car so well (don't you roll your eyes at me!)

we were just looking up info at the kenwood site and it has it's own amplifier! so now i wonder how it will sound if we put it back in "trunk"?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this site is BAD! (such enablers you all are!)